Club Run 1st January 2023

Sarashell

Well, here we are in 2023, Happy New Year.  There doesn’t seem to be any cafes open this Sunday, so I was going to do a none stopper, about 40 miles and steady.  If we do find a cafe open en route we can stop of course.  We will be going via P/Bridge and up past Philpot Mansions, after that I don’t know 🤔.

10 o’clock. Tardebigge.  🚲

Just two of us started from Tb. Gordon and me, after three or four miles my phone 📞 started to ring, it was Mick D. said he was running late, so we slowed down so he could catch up.  Going on a bit further we met Steve, and so on we went.  Half way along the Long Mile, there was a person waving a 🖐 hand and as we got closer we saw it was Chris Philpot.  Well what luck, she invited us to Philpot Mansions for tea and tea cakes.  We did a bit of a loop round to give Chris time to get back home, and for Alan to finish his turbo session.

Chris provides us with tea, coffee, tea cakes and biscuits, Chris thank you very very much, you’re too good to us.  

We seemed to be talking for hours, but eventually we had to go.  On the way out, in their garden the pheasant came to see us as Chris was feeding her.

And then back on t’bike and back home. The weather had been nice and sunny but windy.  All in all a very good day.

I must say an other very big thank you both for feeding us and putting up with us. 🙏🚲