Past member Eric Moody years update

ChrisP

Eric was a club member some years ago and has been living in France for

quite a number of tears now.

He has reach the age of 80 and has been living with Parkinson for some years.

For members who rode and raced with him I'll attach his Christmas Greeting below.

Dear All

Its that time of year again to wish all my family & friends a very Happy Christmas & Happy New Year.
Following on from last years email I am pleased to report that there have been no further accidents on my electric tricycle, mainly because i have not been out on it, still for sale at a reasonable price so if interested please let me know.
Locally I am still the youngest & most eligible bachelor in La Noe at the grand old age of 80, I was very excited to hear that 2 Ladies in their early 50's have bought the house opposite me, unfortunately have recently found out that they are lesbians 

but have heard they are very nice and will be nice to have new neighbours.

On the home front i still have my lovely nurses visiting me twice daily, to help me with my medication, etc.
Other changes on the home front i have a young french cleaning lady( Sara ) who has been here for nearly a year now, the house has never been so clean and another new addition is Chris the gardener & handyman who is doing a sterling job of making the garden look lovely again and also very handy with painting and other indoor jobs , hence taking the pressure off my daughter Ingrid who is here daily, helping me with my shopping, laundry, banking etc.
This summer I had my first holiday since 2018, I went to Cornwall with Ingrid & her husband Guenole, we visited family in Plymouth and the drove down to Cornwall, we stayed in a farmhouse b&b in Mevagissey, we also visited Fowey, Polperro, Looe, Charlestown, needless to say lots of fish & chips, cornish pasties & double clotted ice cream were devoured
The highlight of this year came in middle of october, Suzette my eldest daughter, Paula the 2nd flew in from Grand Cayman with my son James no.4 and for the best part of 2 weeks I had my 4 children together again under the same roof, first time we have been all together for 10yrs although i have seen them individually between that time.
We visited a local photographer and had some family portraits taken, I have attached a photo so you can see the masterpiece that is now place on my living room wall.
So I hope you all enjoy your Christmas turkey tomorrow , I know I am going to 

and I hope you all are spoiled rotten by Santa.

Happy Christmas &  Happy New year to you all
Love Eric xx
1777364229_us4withdad.thumb.jpg.d1319acd40c0059117daa0dd2910581d.jpg

What a cracking family picture of a very old friend & club member whom I haven’t seen in many years.

Many thanks to CHRIS for his post & Eric for his kind message! 
Eric was(is)a great guy whom was very experienced & accomplished on the bike; If my memory serves me correctly it was with Eric in the quartet that we achieved our best result in the RTTC National 100kms 4up TTT.

I also remember him as the coatch /mentor of Mr P Griffiths, who was very accomplished for many years in the TT domain.

I used to visit his ex (who’s name eludes me) with the girls & baby James after the parting of the matrimonial waves for a number of waves at their terraced home in Luton  or possibly Croydon Road, Selly Oak!!!

They were a great bunch who’s company I still have many fond memories of👍👌👍👍

If Eric is able to view this I wish him & all what must be a very extended family all my very best wishes for HEALTH, HOPE & HAPPINESS!!!