Club Run 13th November

Sarashell

Setting off from TB promt at 10 were John, Tim, Bev, Leigh, Mick and me.

We were joined at the cross roads by Barry, steve and the Philpotts. 

Taking a steady pace out with thankfully no wind we made our way to the Cowshed. Stopping at 11 to observe 2 minutes silence for our fallen heroes.

Then onwards to WW. Tim and Leigh decided not to stop for tea and carried on back home.

The rest of us did and were soon joined by Ivor and Pete.

I needed to get back PDQ due to family descending so opted to go to the deli for a quick cake and coffee. It appears everyone followed my lead and we all tucked into cakes, except Bev who had a bacon roll. It looked delicious.  My millionaire shortbread was one of the best I've had 👍.

As I needed to get off quick all of the group decided to do a quick turn around too and we were back on the road by 12ish. Very nice of you all. 😊

I'm not sure what happened next though as I think there were 3 or 4 routes home that different people took. Barry and the Phillpotts turned left at the main road. Me John, Steve, bev and mick turned right and Pete and ivor set off towards Ullenhall 🤷. I hope everyone got back OK.

My three companions turned off towards Morton Baggott after about 2 miles while I carried on via Studley towards kings norton. I was a bit lonely without my crew 🥲.

A lovely  sunny and pleasantly warm day for cycling with great company. See you all next time. 😘

20221113_114038.jpg

20221113_113954.jpg

20221113_113936.jpg

Looks like a good turn out of Saracen riders today.

Having spent over a week of the bike with a very snotty head cold

decided to venture out today and clear the nostrils.

Met up with Roger and headed of in a Henley direction aiming for

a short non stop ride so not cooling down. 

Reaching Tamworth in Arden we had to dismount and join the Remembrance Day parade.

Turning for home near Ullenhall Roger decided to continue keeping me company

for the journey back.

Looking at the pictures of you sitting in the sun out side can't believe it's November.

Yes, it was a nice Autumn ride. Hadn't been there before with some new to me lanes. Chris and I arrived home safely having parted company with Barry just before Inkberrow.

I forgot to say at the cafe stop we were returning via Spernal and the left turn to Gt Alne took me by suprise so never had the opportunity to say cherio.