Club Run 30th October 2022

Sarashell

Just put my 🥧 pie in the oven, so now for the club run, (I did use an egg Julie).

I thought we could go to Evesham, out via PB and on over the Lenches, oh no I hear you say, well if I can get over them anyone can.  Now, most important, don’t forget to turn the clocks back tonight one hour, and be at Tardebigge in the morning at 9.30.

With the clocks going back we start riding winter bikes, mud guards, please. 🚲

Bev, John, Gordon, Tim, Mick and me met at TB at 9.30 as arranged. No one forgetting to put their clocks back although Leigh turned up late and just missed us as we left just after 9.30.

Suffice to say that a couple of rebels turned up without mudguards so they have a detention.

After weighing up everyone's bike, literally, it was agreed that Bevs was the lightest which would set her in good stead over the lenches.

We set off into the wind, the wind wasnt quite 25mph but still challenging. We picked up Tony on the way and had a natter to him. He turned off just before the climb over the lenches, very sensible. 

Tim on the other hand went over the lenches then turned around to go back again. Not very sensible 😆.

We then caught up with Leigh too.

The rest of us carried on into Evesham where we met Steve Tonnery,  Barry and the Philpotts heading towards us. We established that Raphaels was closed so decided to carry on to the next roundabout where John thought there was a cafe. He was right  as usual. 😊 We sat outside as space inside was limited.  There was a slight shower but luckily the sun soon came out and it was quite pleasant in the end.

There were cakes and cookies, pasties and pies to choose from. Bev very kindly shared her pastie with me, it was delicious. 😋. Gordon's wife had made some bread pudding and I have to say its one of the best I've tasted. Compliments to the chef.

The cafe owners were very friendly asking us to go back anytime. A good option, but only for warmer days due to limited indoor seating.

On the way home we unfortunately did get caught in the rain. Bev decided to go back via Berry Lane and turned off. Apparently the philpotts stopped to agree the best way home and the rest of us ploughed on. Leigh went a different way but caught up with us later.

I thought it best to ring the hubby to meet me en route to rescue me from the rain. But technology let us down and he ended up in Droitwich while I was in barnt green!!! He wasn't very happy 🤭

A good ride overall  some great banter and chat, mostly about aches and pains and the perils of old age  but still very enjoyable. 

Photos below.

Mick trying to fashion some shower proof headgear was particularly funny 😆. Just in case anyone was wondering what was going on. 

Chris was also doing her hostess duties, assisting with delivering teas and cake. Well done Chris 👍

There are some pics missing. John was in charge of the camera at this point, so I'm not sure what he did. He definitely didn't take any pics 🤷

20221030_111906.jpg

20221030_111905.jpg

20221030_111832.jpg

20221030_111827.jpg

20221030_111756.jpg

20221030_111739.jpg

20221030_111746.jpg

well, the summer bike was an asset on the Lenches. As it started to rain on the way home I chose to do my punishment for riding it by going solo via Droitwich.  I got pretty wet for a few miles and then the sun came out for the last section.  I will be washing my bike and putting it away for the winter. 
thanks for the Pastie pic Julie! 

1 hour ago, Bevandkev said:

well, the summer bike was an asset on the Lenches. As it started to rain on the way home I chose to do my punishment for riding it by going solo via Droitwich.  I got pretty wet for a few miles and then the sun came out for the last section.  I will be washing my bike and putting it away for the winter. 
thanks for the Pastie pic Julie! 

I didnt take those ones Bev and I did warn you, you were being snapped  but you were enjoying your pastie to much to notice 😆

Sounds like a good ride .

4251287D-53FF-4688-A79A-E386D96A27A6.thumb.jpeg.9a9706fb529d9d71d64a23c9994f00f9.jpeg5C110CDC-6B58-443C-A39A-DC8AB005E6E9.thumb.jpeg.125207fb62eac0f8a5e71caa3039d51d.jpegGot to Budapest okay found a bar The Pointer Bar so obviously wenrnin then to a tapas bar lovely food and we didn’t get wet !!!

Just now, Moira said:

Sounds like a good ride .

4251287D-53FF-4688-A79A-E386D96A27A6.thumb.jpeg.9a9706fb529d9d71d64a23c9994f00f9.jpeg5C110CDC-6B58-443C-A39A-DC8AB005E6E9.thumb.jpeg.125207fb62eac0f8a5e71caa3039d51d.jpegGot to Budapest okay found a bar The Pointer Bar so obviously went in then to a tapas bar lovely food and we didn’t get wet !!!