Club Run Saturday 22 October 2022

Moira

I hope I’ve contacted all the regular’s the weather looks bad for Sunday so we’re changing the club run to Saturday .

We’re heading out to the grotty railway 🚃 carriage at Milcote . John has checked 🤞🏻and apparently it has been done up let’s hope so. We will see tomorrow let’s hope John has broad shoulders as he’s in for stick if it’s still grotty 🤣

9.30 am TB Saturday 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

A nice change to go out Saturday. It means a good 🍻 session tonight without worrying about getting up for a bike ride 🤗.

A beautiful day and the right decision to go out today. Moira did contact as many regulars as possible so apologies if you didn't get the message in time.

Starting from TB were Gordon (hadn't been out for 10 days and has had a cough), Mick (hadn't been out for 5 weeks), me (hadn't been out for 2 weeks), Moira and John (who had been out!)

We met Steve en route (hadn't been out for a while) and made our way out via the Ridgeway dropping down and making a right then left into Bidford. At which point a hot and sweaty looking Tim caught up with us after having a late start due to getting his jabs. He averaged 16.5 miles to catch us so I reckon we were going pretty fast 😂😂😂. At this point Steve departed for home with the rest of us carrying on to the railway station at Milcote. Expectations were low given the state of the place pre covid.

But as luck would have it new owners are in situ and have spruced the place up. Including the absolutely rank toilet facilities  which are now all done up and sparkling. We were all very happy.

Tea cakes  cake coffee and teas were consumed. A bit of confusion arose as the tea cakes had been cut into 4 pieces. Some of us, ie me,  thought we'd got two but unfortunately not.

Gordon did order two tea cakes, then forgot he'd ordered 2 tea cakes and had to retrieve his second tea cake from the kitchen 🤪🤪. He did share it though so we didn't give him too much stick.

Heading home a couple of people had obviously been having a crafty snifter. First Mick fell of his stationary bike grazing his knee, then Moira fell off hers, a few minutes later. They both said their clips were stuck but who knows. 🤷. We were all waiting for the 3rd mishap but luckily it didnt materialise. No one too badly hurt as both bikes were more or less stationary which was a good thing. Although Moira was covered Iin mud all over her backside. On a serious note i hope both are ok and not too bruised.

Otherwise a lovely ride but I was very tired by the end of it and have been slumped in my armchair demanding tea be brought to me every half hour since I got home. Obviously I'm still waiting.....

Pics below. Some of the internal redecorated carriage as well. 

Toodle pip til next time 🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️

20221022_110800.jpg

20221022_110748.jpg

20221022_110721.jpg

20221022_110716.jpg

20221022_110651.jpg

20221022_110531.jpg

20221022_110800.jpg

20221022_110748.jpg

20221022_110721.jpg

20221022_110716.jpg

20221022_110651.jpg

Sorry about the duplicate pics. I've had a bit of a technical nightmare 😈

Pete and I also decided today was the best bet 

neither of us had been out for a while so

it was Broadacre,stil,both felt good ,so we took

a long route home.

what a gorgeous day!

sun was troublesome at times and

a few slippy leaves about.

whatever,a lovely ride,one to remember in cold,wet,days to come,

keep riding,and watch them leaves…..

Nice to be out today in the sunshine 🌞 and a nice steady ride, and with good friends of course.

It was also good to see the old Railway Carriage in such good condition, it’s not the Ritz, but it is in a lot better condition.

Well, I did 59.6 miles, I know Moira will think I should have gone around the block, but I’d done enough.  🤓🚲

John how can you do that my OCD wouldn’t let me 🤣

Glad you made it home safe Julie as you were wishing you’d left your car at Brant Green but you’ve earned an extra large glass of wine 🍷 

I could believe how dirty my leggings and top were think I found the muddiest place to fall or did John push me 😝 Only joking John xxx

Like Julie off out tonight  for a larger or 3 🤪