Club Run Sunday 2 October 2022

Moira

The weather might be a bit hit and miss tomorrow but let’s hope for the best thought we’d stay local ish so the venue is Hillers ( not sure if it’s one or 2 L’s)

We will be going out via Feckenham and that little steep hill Barry if the weather is good we will go via Bidford if not we can cut short along the Ridgeway.

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

Well the weather forecasters need to get a new job, they totally got the weather wrong. It has been a lovely autumn day and a great day for cycling.

Meeting at TB there were just the five of us. Gordon, Moira, John, Leigh and of course me. In an attempt to bring some glamour to the occasion I put my lippy on. Never again as I got the mickey took out of me good and proper. 🙈🤣. Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum, we had Leigh who needs to sort his washing skills out. Less said about that the better!! 

We set off and didn't pick one person up en route. Barry being on holiday and the Philpotts obviously deciding to go acorn gathering instead!! 😆

We headed up the Ridgeway and down the other side catching up with another group of cyclists so we decided to hitch a ride with them up to Harvington. It was very much appreciated. 

Arriving at Hillers we sat outside in glorious sunshine to eat our teacakes, it was very pleasant indeed. 

The mean green cycling machine (aka Roger) and Chris turned up. Which was a very nice addition to the group.

We had some good banter, mainly involving lipstick, powder and pollyfiller 😳😬.

Heading for home we were joined at Radford by Chris Pool. Who then left us a bit later. Gordon turned off at TB and Moira and John shot off down Lickey Square.

A fairly uneventful ride home but I was certainly glad of Roger and Chris who got me back over the Lickeys and home. Thanks guys 👍💋

Pics below

20221002_114424.jpg

20221002_111513.jpg

20221002_114434.jpg

Roger and I manage to get to Hillers before group A departed another

cup of tea seemed to do the trick.

Once again a great write up from Julie.

The talk did  revolve around whether makeup should be applied to 

join a Sunday run or not.

Julies lippy had disappeared somewhere on the journey out but

closer inspection reveals eyeliner and brow work.

She also flashed a rather expensive set of nail wear.

IMG_0508.thumb.JPG.521ef933aa1fb513effe926c8868ea95.JPG579781777_IMG_0508(2).thumb.JPG.fcde2cd3e63a8d4a94578ebda565ac73.JPG

John and Gordon were a little worried we would have to shave and apply after shave for further rides.

609771199_IMG_0512(2).thumb.jpg.2ccf33fb68efd490a766b7400b2062fb.jpg

Mean while twinkle toes returns from the loo after adjusting her hair.

1540376150_IMG_0514(2).thumb.jpg.70df00be74ad1270714b15db4a030f65.jpg1644566750_IMG_0515(2).thumb.JPG.4d07c69ee0e8e5b6cf592fcc51a09d98.JPG1508857291_IMG_0516(2).thumb.JPG.c142a12f6a7cd4ae05f34724d727ed3f.JPG 

Well what surprises do future rides have instore.

So after an interesting break a nice steady ride home was needed.

Good to have a catch up with Chris Poole when he caught us.

Best wishes to both him and Lyn. 

Ha ha twinkle toes only likes picture number 3 Chris you need to quality control before posting like I did last week leaving John off 🤣🤣🤣

Make up and riding arrived at TB Julie had a full face on Gordon particularly liked the shade of lipstick 💄 

I very rarely wear make up but watch out next week for my lipstick !!

Leight I hope you’ve put the bi carbonate of soda on those oil stains as Julie will be doing a quality control next week obviously with her coloured in eyebrows , mascara and lipstick 😝

A lovely ride and the sun was out even better xx