Club Run Sunday 21 August 2022

Moira

John I thought we could go to Lavender Hall Fishier as we haven’t been there for ages and the cafe is excellent .

As it’s been that long since we’ve been can’t remember which way we go out so hopefully John will post that for me ( pretty please John who is really in charge 😝)

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴 and I’m sure Julie will says her famous words “ I know the way home “ it’s wether we decide to risk another mystery ride home 😝😂😂

Good morning, I suppose I had better go out if I know the way.  We will be going via Elcocks Brook and along that narrow Lane (Croft’s Lane) and on to Astwood Lane, up and turn right to the traffic tights at Astwood Bank.  

I hope you’ve got that if you are going to meet us on the way.

See you in the morning.  🚲

Ps. I am not the Boss just because I know the way. 😐

have a good ride.

Pete and i went to Debeers yesterday

and guess what we overtook,

an elderly gentleman on a "TRIKE" a

proper one ,not a converted one.

complete with a full sized Carradice saddlebag

on the back.

"Sorry if you are too young to understand the above"

Ivor.

Ivor,  I'm not sure what you're talking about but it sounds impressive. Well done!

Sundays ride started at TB as planned with me, Gordon, John, Leigh, Moira and Tim. 

Kev made a quick appearance then disappeared again. I think we should rename him Houdini.

It was a hilly ride out through Feckenham and Astwood Bank. On the 1 in 6 hill my garmin stopped as I was going so slow up the hill. Thankfully everyone made it up at their own pace.

There were a few rough patches of road where we all got a good bone rattle going on. Obviously Warks have no money for road repairs it seems 🙈.

Arriving at the cafe we all settled down and not long after Chris, Roger and Tess turned up to join us.  After Leigh had finished his power nap we set off for home.

Tess lost her glasses but it was pointed out they were on her head 🤭. Haven't we all done that at some point 😆😆

All I will say about the ride home is that I think I have redeemed myself 😇. I navigated us successfully and without issue back to wythall. Moira was amazed as were most of the group, especially me 😂😂.

I left the group at the top of illshaw heath and headed for home, making sure the rest of them knew how to get home cos you know how their navigational skills can let them down. (Only joking, before I get shouted at!).

It was a lovely ride, made a very nice change and cafe served some very nice grub.

Oh and some pics are missing as they wouldn't load for some reason. 

20220821_115837.jpg

Yes I agree Julie you have redeemed yourself excellent navigation home☑️

Nice to go in a different direction for a change and lovely to see Chris , Roger and Tess too.

I decided to ride home over Rose Hill as I used to ride that way home when I worked at Acocks Green a good few years ago now .  Foolishly John and Gordon came with me 🤣 .I’d forgotten how bad it was but loved the downhill the other side .

Made it to the cafe just as Moira's travellers had ordered.

A nice warm day for riding.

We all settled down with tea and grub then put the 

world to right.

IMG_0452.thumb.JPG.bee40c9761eafe613f92d109b3c604fd.JPG

Three not so wise persons.

IMG_0457.thumb.JPG.c2ebe47264e1d9037b0dff8e6bd93c8f.JPG

IMG_0458.thumb.JPG.100b680b83d4c2c9ce4bf011b36bf4eb.JPG

One sad soul had a hard morning.

1365297554_IMG_0458(2).thumb.JPG.89747352dd23bdba48f54b1870b89d62.JPG

Not sure what Moira's done, but you will do as I say.

IMG_0453.thumb.JPG.cb1d5917fe1c430e5c05fdaaeb176f78.JPGIMG_0454.thumb.JPG.57f3e2549ee6ca9f39235a3b237fe790.JPG710680221_IMG_0454(2).thumb.JPG.7b2c3e2030738a72d647f7dba0a81ac5.JPG

As already pointed out everyone has a day of glory, Julie can find her

way home from Balsall Common. Her proficiency navigation badge will

be awarded later in the year.

We had a parting of the ways near the Peacock Inn not realising Moira was serious about

going over Rose Hill

Tess wanting to do an extra loop to do over 60 miles got us to drop down to Alvechurch 

loosing Leigh descending Forehill.

Then crossing to Burcott after climbing Aqueduct Lane.

To finish of we had to climb up the back of Rose Hill, surprise  we didn't see Moira and co. 

coming the other way.

A great day out with a hard finish.