Stourport Tuesday night series

Hi all, 

Last night I raced down in Stourport. The heat was just bearable, but once we started racing the wind picked up and it was cooling and it hindered the pack. 

However as usual I find myself at the back of the starting grid. I have to work to catch the main group up. The pace is staying around 28 mph I kept getting dropped out of the hairpins but I got myself back in the group. Eventually the pace slows a bit where i was able to move up the group and be comfortable. 

15 mins into the race and the first real attack comes, the bunch responds after a few moments thought. During which I was deciding whether or not to go and join the two guys away. I thought I best not as we still have a lot of racing to do. So we caught the breakaway up and the paced eased again for a little bit of recovery. There were a few more attacks and we caught them, nothing to major just testing the legs of the other riders.

With 5 laps to go three guys go up the road, so i start to move up the bunch and look to see if I could bridge the gap. Too many people are trying to bring this back so i wouldn't last a minute out there, so I stayed in the pack and we caught them just going into the last 3 laps. The bunch ease and I wriggle my way to the front and off the front i have a massive gap!!! I don't know how but I guess being the unknown rider you can make these things happen. I was battling the winds but I couldn't sustain my pace and the group got quicker so i was caught with 1 lap to go so I stayed in the top 4 riders and waited to get led out. It was all going well i was sprinting and then I cross what I thought was the finish but everybody else was still riding so I started my sprint again. In the end I came home 6th!!!

Now I finally get to move up into 3rd Cat. 

Dave C 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived