Bike Sale @ Speeds Cycles

Hannah

As you may know three Saracen members work at Speeds Cycles, a Bromsgrove based bike shop. I have recently been promoted to manager of this branch and one of my first priorities is to ensure the quick sale of a number of bikes!

We have a number of road and hybrid bikes that have been heavily discounted to make way for the new 2016 range.

Full details of the bikes for sale will soon be available on the Speeds Cycles website and the bikes are all available to see and test ride at our Bromsgrove branch. But after speaking with the business owners we thought it would be a good idea to also advertise the bikes to local cycling clubs, and as I'm a Saracen I figured here would be a good place to start! If riders registered here are also with other clubs please feel free to share this post but as I say I aim to email as many local clubs as poss this week with the details.

If anyone is interested in a particular bike please just give me a shout and I'll PM you with more details, but for now here's a brief overview of the bikes we have on the end of season sale:

Road Bikes

We have five 2014 Trek Madone's on offer, including a Madone 2.1, Madone 3.1, Madone 3.5 and a Madone 4.5. The Madone's are Trek's aggressive racy carbon range (although the 2.1 are alloy frames). These models are available in 56cm and 58cm frame sizes. Prices start at £800 for the Madone 2.1 and go up to £1800 for the custom built Madone 4.5 (valued at £3500).

We also have one Domane 4.0 in a 54cm frame size. The Domane is the weapon of choice for the endurance/distance rider, as it perfectly combines speed and comfort thanks to the clever frame tech and tapered forks. This bike is now available for £1,150.

Women's Road Bikes

We also have five women's road bikes for sale, all from Trek's Lexa range. My first road bike was a Lexa and I highly recommend them for women new to riding or women looking for a reliable winter bike. I have these in a 47cm, 52cm, 54cm and 56cm frame sizes, and prices range from £450 to £650 for these models. 

Hybrids and Hardtails

I'm not sure how many Saracen's are of the flat bar persuasion, but I thought I'd mention them anyway!

We have 3 bikes in the FX (Fitness Extra) range. These lightweight bikes are ideal for new riders or for those who want a good commuter. Again, I used to own one and I found them both quick and comfortable. The three models I have are all in a 17.5" frame size and all have disc brakes. They range between £375 and £575. 

We have 2 bikes from the DS (Dual Sport) range. These tough hybrids are suitable for on road and off road rides (canal towpaths and the like). They come with front suspension for extra comfort, disc brakes and wider tyres for handling on rough terrain. The two models we have are 17.5" frames. The range between £375 and £600.

Finally, a hardtail - the X-Caliber 5. It's a big frame this, coming in at 18.5". But at just £425 it could be a steal for someone!

I'd love it if we could help club riders from across the county to grab a bargain, whether it's for themselves, a family member, friend or fellow rider! If you or anyone you know might be interested please just let me know or pop into the Bromsgrove branch and ask to speak with me. :)

Right, time to go and spread the word elsewhere! A manager's work is never done! :wink:

Thanks for sharing it Mrs Davies! :)

And I think you're right, I think people have to click the link to see the contents. Still, your share does not just help to spread awareness of our sale, it's also bringing more people to the Saracen website, so it's a double win! :)

Thanks again for sharing, much appreciated!

Archived