image upload???

Hi Sean

I'm having problems uploading images to a new forum post, the only thing that has changed is I have a new camera, previously I would cut the files from the camera, paste to a folder, then insert into the post via tinypic, copy and pasting from "direct link to layouts" 

from the new camera I cant cut the photos, only copy them??? i put them into a folder, use tinypic and click "insert other media" and insert from URL, then i just get a waiting circle that goes on forever???

where it says "drag files." it shows 0.13MB file size left??  I have inserted one photo into a new post, by resizing in Paint and dragging it in, but thats hammered my Max MB capacity??

hope you can help

regards

kevin. (speedy)ish)      

hi Sean

just tried again to upload  photo and still no joy, i'm resizing  the photo in paint, it's about 500kb, and just saving it as a jpeg, opening it with Tiny pic and inseting the url, i still get the waiting circle of doom??

bottom left of the new post it says max total file size 0.13mb???

hope you can help me with this

regards

kevin.

Right Kev

I'll look into that but in the meantime let me tell you about this great new feature in the new forum software.

You can now drag and drop a photo from your desktop straight into a post.

Just open a reply box as usual and drag and drop your picture onto the paperclip at the bottom of the box.

Go on give it a go in here.

Right Kev thee is a problem there I'll look into it later but in the meantime either use the new feature I mentioned in the last post or where your image is hosted on the tiny site just copy and paste the code in the MG Code for Forums & Message Boards  box straight into the post

HI Sean

If I use the paper clip method for uploading images, what is the optimum file size for the photos, as i usually upload 5 or 6 images per post?

my source photos are about 5mb!!!vi resize them in paint.

i have a ride report from the 4 up TTT in the pipeline.

regards

kevin 

Kev I have given you unlimited file upload facility but you will want to resize them so they are not too big for page.

In paint you can resize by pixel percentage so you can see what you have.

You are still limited by the amount of photos you can have in a post which off the top of my head is ten I think.

I'm out riding an Audax now so that's why I'm guessing. :lol2

any problems just get back to me

• 1 month later...

I can't see anything wrong this end Dave.

In fact I just created a temp account with all your settings and it worked fine.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

A word doc or pdf will not display it will just upload and allow it to be downloaded to whoever clicks on it

I saw my file name in the post, but without the file open it makes it difficult to construct a layout.  Have got the details of what I wanted by just copying parts of the file and pasting them in the post. So no problem.

Much prefer the old format.

I will try a jpeg if I get a photo on Sunday.

Thanks very much for your input Sean no doubt we will talk more on this over coffee.  

Archived