Sunday 12th May - Welland

DaveM

WELLAND CLUB RUN –  The date has been fixed for Sunday, 12th May.

There will be two rides, one of 30 to 37 miles starting at 10.30 am, and a very leisurely ride of about twenty miles starting at 11.00 am – both on quiet lanes.

The start will be, as usual, from The Laurels, Gloucester Road, Welland, WR13 6LD (B4208) and the traditional social gathering, with food and drink after the rides will carry everyone through the afternoon.  For those who are not riding on the day, there is an opportunity for a leisurely stroll across Castlemorton Common before the riders return at about one o’clock.  Please let Dave or Judy know on 01684 310315 if you would like to be there so that adequate arrangements can be made for the catering.

A group will be riding to Welland from Bromsgrove (08.00) via Droitwich (08.45) Worcester, Powick, and Hanley Swan.  Anyone who would like a shorter ride is welcome to leave their car at my house in Droitwich.

Thank you Dave and Judy for your wonderful hospitality today allowing Saracen members to wonder around your house and garden eating tasty food and being supplied with plenty to drink!  Everyone seemed to have a good time. The day started for us being picked up in Droitwich by Mike H, Ken H, Owen H and Kev Y at 08.45  we went at a good pace and reached Welland ( Dave and Judy's ) by 09.50.  Others arrived in the next hour and we set off on a ride led by Ivor about 10.45.  It was quite blowy and as predicted the rain fell around midday, never the less we enjoyed the quiet country lanes and lovely scenery.  We even came across several groups of sheep on one of the main roads which was amusing, although we didn't have time to count them!!  We covered 37 miles, riders were Ivor M, Ken H, Mike H, Owen H, Kev Y, Pete C, Roy S, Brian B and myself! ;)

Yes a big thankyou to Dave and Judy for your Hospitality, and also to all those who were there to help and take part in a great social gathering of Saracen members. A brilliant turnout on the two bike rides, about 16 riders in total I beleive. A great day out on what was not by any means the warmest of weather, I suppose that was to much to hope for.

What a super day at the SARACEN "MEET".

35 turned up {1 from Spain}including 16 riders .Its a bit like a "MEET" except that we have our

Stirrup Cup afterwards .

Our club runs from Welland must be "Unique" Nobody does it like us.

This is largely due to David and Judiths hard work and wonderfull hospitallity.

CHAPEAUX to you both, and many thanks from all of us.

TTFN Ivor.

Archived