Sun.5th.Steady run to the Railway Carriage.

rovi

Thanks Ivor for leading the B's out to the Railway Carriage. Today's group comprised of Ivor, Barry L, Pete C, Colin B, Chris K, Dave M,Richard K and Dr Dave. Not quite the Orient Express but a pleasant change. A brisk journey out with the minor hick ups of a puncture and a crash. Thankfully there was no serious damage to any bikes.  Oh! and the rider was able to carry on after a few minutes rest. Shortly after arriving at the cafe the A's, Ken H, Chris P, Kevin, and Tony S  joined us. After much bacon and egg munching, the group split for the return journey. The B's via the old railway track to Stratford, the A's via Binton and Astwood Bank. I took the direct route through Bidford back to Droitwich.  The Giro was calling!  Thanks chaps for a great day, good to see so many Saracens out today.

Well having managed to get myself out of bed for once on a Sunday morning, it was off to join Ivor's B group to the railway carriage, where ever that was. so after googling it and happy to see it was only just the other side of Stratford  off I set for Alvechurch hoping to pick up the group enroute. I was quite relieved to meet up with Dave M in Alvechurch after thoughts of what if there is some meeting point in the lanes there about. Anyway all's well till about a mile  from the cafe when the next thing I know i'm on the deck having tried to do a skate board type edge thingy with a kerb that was suddenly under my front wheel. Anyway enough of my stupidity, A big thx to Ivor for a lovely ride in the lanes on a wonderful morning with good company who I hope to get to know better in the coming months.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1294305

Archived