Thursday 'A' Run 25th April

DaveM

Bit sharpish today.  It soon wound up to 23mph with Mike H and Sam B on the front. We had a slight respite negotiating the minefield of Flying Horse Lane.  Then no let up till Ken H and John S took a turn where it steadied up a little.  All hell let loose when Allan W and Kev took over and it was back to 23mph.  I managed to hang on till Flyford then blew big time and then limped back to Droitwich,  getting caught and overtaken by Leigh and Pete C.  I needed a fast ten miles or so today I’m happy with that.  Julies was packed to capacity as all three groups collected and a great din could be heard.

Huge turnout today, great to see. Thanks to Allan W for the wheel most of the way, always good to see you Allan.

Disaster struck 400 mtrs from home. Taking the last bend my front tyre went, came off the rim and I ended up in the gutter (some would say just where I belong).

Damage = piece out of shin, bruised elbow and gouged  brake lever.

Not doing too bad as last time I ditched was 1968.

DON’T YOU JUST HATE SCRATCHED LEVERS  :angry:

Sorry to hear about the tumble Dave  :(

I was sitting near the back of the pack mindful that I rode a 200km+ audax on Monday and have another on Saturday so was looking more for a recovery ride. When Chris Kent (AKA Buster Gonad) and Barry said they were going to ease off and have an easier ride, that was music to my ears, so ambled along with them.

Then had an equally sedate ride back with Chris, Barry, Pete, Ivor and Alan.

When Chris Kent (AKA Buster Gonad) and Barry said they were going to ease off and have an easier ride, that was music to my ears, so ambled along with them.

33550011.jpg

Chris, I am never going to look at you in the same light ever again....... :o

Don't want to think about what a mess it could have been if it were an hour or so earlier.  Have not done an investigation on the tyre yet but as far as I know it was in good nick. I never run on worn tyres.

I blame Kev.  :rolleyes:

Bad news about wheel incident Dave, good job that you were only going slow..... :D

Outrageous! Alan

What was it you kept saying to me?......................Follow My Lead.............We have people behind us and we don't want to slow them down :)

Anyway thats my story and I am sticking to it.  So I am pointing the finger of blame at you

Outrageous! Alan

What was it you kept saying to me?......................Follow My Lead.............We have people behind us and we don't want to slow them down :)

Anyway thats my story and I am sticking to it.  So I am pointing the finger of blame at you

:P :P :P :P

Yeah thanks for the nice "easy" route home Mick! To finish off after my run and picking up Charlie and his pal from school and taking them to the park my final disipline was painting for hours on end. Finished that at 8 and collapsed. Easier day tomorrow planned! :-)

Archived