Club Run - Sunday 17th February

Saracen RC Administrator

A most enjoyable club ride today, slightly disturbing start for me as I discovered my road bike had a flat so had to quickly change by shoes and take out the mountain bike. I rode hard to make up the lost time and made it on time.  But a 70 mile club run on a mountain bike the day after an Audax was a hard old slog at times but Dave, Kevin and Chris nursed me around.

Today’s riders were

Mick Hazlewood
Dave Mitchell
Mandy Mitchell
Sam Boz
Ken Haddon
Chris Kent
Kevin Young
Sean Barker

Hi All, hope you all got back safely today from Warwick. Our appologies for pressing on after Hatton Bank on the way back. Sam as you know did not want tobe to late back so we, that is Sam,Ken and myself carried on hoping that you guys were probably okay going at your own pace. Thanks for the company on the way to the cafe even if we did not reach our desired destination due to time restrictions. It was great having DaveM out with us today with his newly aquired computer giving us up to date news on wind chill factor,how many metres climbed,mileage and speed etc, boys and there toys. we won't mention phones in the cafe. God!! how did we ever manage in the good old days.

Archived