Tardebigge Run - Thursday 14th February 2013

Mick Hazlewood

Great run out today lads, what a change it made to get out in a bit of sunshine and warmer weather. Hope you all got back safe from the cafe, Sam and myself had a steady ride back in to that rising headwind but found it a good change from our usual spinning session at the gym which we've been doing in recent weeks. Roll on the summer!!!. Looking forward to getting out with you all on Sunday.

I had this strange dream! I left home and rode to the Tardebigge and met up with the guys as usual.  Everything seemed normal, even at the cafe, the conversation about Tolstoy and theoretical elementary particles. Then it started.  I was riding in a circuit race.  The Redditch Criterium! Funny thing was, there were no crowds or marshals, no lap markers or finishing line. We just seemed to be going round and round.  Presently I fell in with a group of nomadic Arabs called Saracens who led me through a dark land, with pools of water, mud and rotting vegetation. After what seemed an eternity - they suddenly vanished.  To my surprise I was back at the Tardebigge!  But this time it was completely deserted, not a soul in sight. 

Then at last I was awakened by a friendly voice whispering "Are you going to lie there on the floor in that filthy kit all night ?"

Bizarre.

I'm beginning to wonder  - what's normal? Now I'm starting to hear things in the bunch! Not 'Armstrong', this years Tour, bottom brackets, or the Wiggle January sale. I could of sworn I heard " ....and then beat in the eggs", "No. I don't, I use two drops of vanilla" and " You must have overdone it with the coconut!"

I'm going to Spec Savers tomorrow.

I think it's knitting patterns next week Dave....

As a triathlete / duathlete there is nothing like cycling with real cyclists one day and swimming with a real swimmer the next to make you feel totally useless!!.. Held Mick up on way back yesterday and had just as hard a session in the pool with friend today....more training required!!!

Archived