Sunday 07/04/13

stumpy

Just for your information,

A ride will be starting from Sainsburys Island Maypole this Sunday morning at 10:00am, for a ride of 20- 30 miles or there abouts, pace will be at the slowest rider present and no one will be left or stranded. A pub or cafe stop will more than likely be included.

I will endeavour to find my way over to you via the lanes. Really looking forward to a steady joined up club run for a change. If I am going to be late I will phone you. Thanks for posting your run.

Can't believe we have a choice of two Saracen runs on a Sunday!

Why is it that when ever I point my bike to the East, disaster strikes?  I was so looking forward to this run today.  I started by under estimating the time it would take me to get to the Maypole, then had to stop and deal with several phone calls reference the run.  So I was late meeting Kevin at the Tardibigge and we decided to head to a point South of the Maypole and phone Colin at 10.00 for a plan B meet. We got Branson's Cross and I attempted to call Colin only to find I had a wrong number for him.  Called Sean only to find he was at home suffering from a bad back. NEVER thought of trying Chris!  I had done 25 miles at this point so I let Kevin go and baled out.  I was not aware that Chris had tried to contact me till I got home, otherwise we could have solved the problem.  Thanks for trying Chris.

I hope you had a great ride and I can only apologise to those who were kind enough to hang about waiting for us. 
Maybe next week...........

Dave sorry you missed us matey we did wait for 45 mins at the Maypole thinking he can't be long now !!!! :blink: it's a good job the sun was shining though.Hopfully you had a good ride out east, we finished up in Warwick cafe as Kentey was gaging for a bacon bap in fact the greedy bu--er had two, they were good though. It was really good to be joined by Colin Amos and his son, hopefully the first of many such steady outings.

Sean  hope the back repairs soon matey, I think if I did two 200k Audaxs in a week I --------  no that will never happen.

Thanks Colin.  I really can't apologise enough to everyone who waited. Pleased you had a good ride and thanks for getting the B group off the ground.  It's been a long time since there were two groups in action. Well done.

The A group went to Defford today. Tuesday run is starting this week from The Man in the Moon.  I have got an eye on it but a dental appointment may snooker me.

Archived