Club Run - Thursday 4th April 2013

Sean Barker

Not many out today seven in all,  so a combined run ( A&B groups ) was had for a number of miles with Barry Lucas and Pete  Cooper setting a good pace with the wind behind us.  However having moved over to let fresher legs on the front ChrisP and Sam were let loose into a headwind and the pace went up a notch or two with JohnS, Kevin and myself quite happy to follow unlike Barry and Pete who decided they preferred a more leisurely pace and dropped back to go it alone.

We then proceeded to swop over at the front quite regularly to fight the headwind and at Droitwich John,Chris and Kevin turned towards the cafe were they met up once again with Barry and Pete and Sam and myself struck off for home.

A good ride was had despite that bitterly cold wind and at least the threat of rain keep off and the lanes at last are drying out.               Roll on the summer!!!!.

As usual Sam and Mike decided to have an easy ride home and not pull into the cafe.

After putting the world to right over light refreshments JohnS and I set of at a steady pace

Up the lane followed by Kevin, Pete and Barry only to go our separate way in the Dodford

Area.

Lets hope next week sees rise in temp and drop in wind.

Enjoyable but tough ride today. Not a good day to have lost my over shoes and the plastic bags I used instead were not a great substitute! Was hoping i could trundle home in the final 5 miles but was accompanied by some skinny geazer who didn't let me get away with it that easy. So glad to get out today though and having just read Seans post of his weekend, maybe todays conditions were pretty good actually!! Surely this weather has to improve soon?!

Archived