Club Run - Sunday 31st March 2013

Sean Barker

Nice ride and relatively ice free.

I met up with Chris Pardoe at the Peacock where we were soon joined by the main group of  Mick H, John S, Ian Taylor, Dave M and Chris K on his mountain bike.

Chris announced that he was only going to be with us for a short time as he had to be back early, shortly after he turned off we split into two groups, Mick, John, Chris P and Ian in the front group and myself and David a short distance back. I was happy enough to accompany Dave to the café but he decided to turn west and forge a route in the general direction of home.

I kicked on and caught up with the front four and enjoyed a nice steady ride to the café and then home. 

Good run yesterday, pity it got split up a bit at the start riding from the Forrest to meet Chris and Sean, not an easy ride which ever way you go east but once we got to Earlswood having regrouped it settled down to a good steady pace to the cafe.

The ride back was wind assisted but not much warmer, and thankyou Chris for a few more lanes added in for good measure.

John and myself parted when we got too Alvechurch both choosing to go a different way home over the hills.

Recovery at home was in front of the TV with cake and endless amounts of tea watching Cancellara destroy all his rivals in the Flanders.. What a race!!.

Archived