Club Run Sunday 29 th May 2022

Moira

The venue tomorrow will be Hiller’s cafe a shorter ride as John will be joining us and wants to test out his bad back . Intending to go straight there via Inkberrow and Redford so for those driving there we will be earlier than normal.

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴 

A nice surprise to see Gordon and Micky D at TB along with John , Leigh , Bev and myself . I think the promise of a short ride brought out all those recovering from an injury  .

It was more like a cold 🥶 winter day Bev and I unfortunately were dressed for sunshine which was sadly missing this morning. To add insult to the cold we got rained on too luckily it was only a short ride to the cafe. As Gordon turned off for a shorter ride Barry joined us . Johns’s computer said it was 7 degrees no wounder we were cold and wet.

On arrival at the cafe we saw Dave Mitchell sitting outside under cover . There was no way I was sitting outside as I was freezing . Luckily we found a couple of tables inside next to each other and a Bruce’s Bonus one was right by a little ceiling fan heater which was on .

Bev and I defrosted under the heater . Tea and tea cakes were ordered with some confusion over Bev’s tea cake which didn’t arrive. Lovely tea cakes though .

Leigh ate and ran . Dave went home the way we came the rest of us headed out along the Ridgeway for a change into Feckenham . I must admit it did warm up to a barmy 10 degrees I even pulled my arm warmers down.

John says his back felt fine so let’s hope that lasts . Micky was demonstrating a back exercise to him at TB on the road sign John was worried he couldn’t get his leg that high !!! ( unfortunately no photo of that )DE7D5A55-6BA0-4D6F-8AE4-00BD94879299.thumb.jpeg.fb3c60ba8ffd8f4866b754de95739fdf.jpeg91371B4D-52E3-4E97-8F95-0516A7E2578A.thumb.jpeg.30fdb7ba8a5f8a614e0254a35cd1f3af.jpegD804F27E-04DA-4550-BA24-783EF1ADDD32.thumb.jpeg.6686e0a46073ee7af01d330f4851e277.jpegCDA8613E-E876-45F7-BDBD-E13E06E03C7E.thumb.jpeg.5b87c0ed531b5b8cbaa2a1f7fcefedaf.jpeg

I did get round in one piece, but my fitness is not so good now, I was having trouble up the last few hills, I now know how Moira used to feel.

It was a nice ride though, I enjoyed it, it was good to see Gordon and Mick, let's hope we all stay healthy for a while.

I'm not going to say anything about getting my leg up.  🚲