Club Run Saturday 7th May

Sarashell

Yes Julie the true Boss has always been in charge but behind the scenes more now . John has a busy Sunday morning he is a Marshall on a fun run around Bromsgrove but he says it’s not that much fun standing in his fluorescent jacket trying to work out if the last runner has gone past his location. So good luck for the morning John.

We had the super six ( six being a point of contention later !! ) out today starting from TB John , Bev and me . We picked up Steve not Tony and the Philpott’s on the way .A lovely ride out with a tail wind and the sun shining . We haven’t been that way for a while . 

On landing at the cafe which we have used previously we were told by the owner that only 4 or less cyclists were allowed due large number of rude cyclists causing him to do that. Luckily we put on the charm and he served the super six as we were polite and older !! Me being the youngsters at 58 🤪

Unfortunately he’d run out of tea cakes so we all had granary toast which I must say was very nice . He gave us extra too and we felt obliged to eat despite running out of tea. A major discussion as to how we are spoilt at Defford by Darren by being able to have as much tea and hot water that we want. So with all this going on Julie I must confess I forgot to take any photos .

The sun was still out on the way home but we had the head wind in our faces luckily the electric duo did more than fare share on the front. John Bev and I were glad to get home the longest ride this year for us all . (65 miles for me ) 

Sorry Micky D if you were going to join us tomorrow you’ll have to go out on your own instead 😂😂

Have a lovely holiday Julie see you next Sunday . Saturday’s are nice for a change but the traffic is far worse so back to Sundays .

I like the super six charm offensive. Brilliant!! 

65 miles! I'm jealous, but I must admit sitting on deck sipping cocktails comes a close second.

Just arrived at Stavanger, Norway off to explore next.

Oh and Moi, I've been in the gym every day so far. So that's just the once 😆.

See you Sunday hopefully.  X