Club Run Sunday 6 th March 2022

Moira

I think will head for Evesham in the morning been a while since we’ve been there and it will be nice for the Philpott’s to have a romantic stroll hand in hand along the river 🥰😝

Now Julie there are a couple of hills to contend with so you better have a double helping of pasta for tea or borrow your Dad's new electric bike 😂

Barry out the normal route Flying Horse Lane …..

10 am at TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴 

Moira, me John and Leigh set off from Tardebigge with Roger (no mates). Roger joined as Chris was attending a bit of a do to celebrate Ivors wife's 80th birthday. I hope they all had a great time. My mom and dad, Dave Mortimer were there too, so I hope they all had a good old catch up.

So with Roger asked to keep it steady we set off on a very chilly ride. 😊

We were joined for a while by Tony who left us at the bottom of the lenches (I don't blame him to be honest).

We were also joined by Barry and new boy Steve. So Richard J you are no longer the new boy 👍. Although Steve was known by most there. 

We all got up the lenches ok, with everyone setting their own pace, which for me was bringing up the rear as usual. But someone's got to make sure no one is left behind. 😆.

As we got close to the cafe Leigh shot off as he likes a quick turn around. He had the biggest plate of tomatoes on toast I've ever seen

Tea cakes and jam ran out so some of us made do with toasted hot cross buns and marmalade. Which were very nice. But not that filling so we stocked up on flapjacks and other stuff. 

Dave M was also waiting at the cafe for us. Chris and Alan turned up too. But weren't holding hands much to Moiras disappointment.

Dave and leigh set off before the rest of the group. A nice steady ride back into the wind in places so it felt a bit cold.

I had offered to take people home in my van, parked at Barnt Green, but I couldn't tempt anyone. I passed Roger on my way into Northfield and gave him a little wave, I'm sure he'd have preferred to be in my van 🙈.

Here's some pictures. See you all next time. 

20220306_114034.jpg

20220306_114033.jpg

20220306_114005.jpg

20220306_113958.jpg

20220306_113929.jpg

20220306_113922.jpg

Julie, great summary of the ride, I liked you diplomatic comment " we all got over the lenches at our own pace" to be correct you sailed past me on the hill, I was the tail end Charlie  bringing up the rear on this occasion, not you, a good 300 mts behind, not one of my good days and very painful !! you rode well.

Well done Chris for getting on the turbo I’d rather stick pins in my eyes !!!

And what a gentleman you are Barry 😆 after suffering up those hills this morning very unusual for you as you normally fly up them . 
Lovely to catch up with Roger too .

Hope Polly’s birthday bash went well x