Club Run Sunday 23 Jan 2022

Moira

Right an early post as I’m out all day tomorrow the weather for Sunday looks cold but you never know until you open the curtains. I’m keeping it simple so if we do get out and it’s cold a shorter route can be done so Broadacres it is .

10 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴 I’ll post by 9.10 am if I’m not going out.

A quick update on Anne Shelley they were called back to the hospital on Monday and she does  have a fracture in her left ankle and a depression fracture on her right knee. Her right leg is now out straight in plaster !!!

I called round this morning and she was in good spirits and wouldn’t let me write on her plaster 😠

So a cold day but a few of us braved the elements. 

I started out in my van to meet everyone at TB. On my way I spotted  a familiar figure in the lanes.  Moira was getting some extra miles in. Well done Moira! I managed to squeeze past her and carry on to the meeting point.

Setting off from TB were Moira, Kev the train driver, Leigh and Tim. I'm also pleased to say that John joined us for a little way. He'd left Anne in bed with strict instructions not to move far. Lovely to see you out John even for only a short time.

We picked Barry up at the usual spot and proceeded to do a loop around to Broadacres. Most of us were complaining of cold fingers but we soldiered on regardless. Passing the philpotts house where we all shouted and waved but Alan was busy with his gripper rods so I doubt he heard us. Good luck for your imminent op Alan.

Kev left us to do a few more miles and met us at the cafe where Lynn joined him. 

Tim carried on when we got to the cafe.

On arriving at Broad acres we found Ivor who had decided it was too cold for him to cycle and I don't blame him there. Dave M was also there waiting for us on his bike.

So the chat centred mainly around hip operations, arthritis, pelvis ops, key hole surgery and the general aging process. So a nice cheery topic. 

As we were leaving Mocha John arrived. He looked well it was nice to see him too.

Leigh had left earlier, so it was just Moira, Kev, Dave and me setting out. Dave turned left at the top of the hill leaving 3 of us to carry on together.

On getting in my van at TB there was a bit of deja vue as I passed Moira and Kev on the way back. They were going well. Probably keen to get home in the warm. 

All in all a good ride, fairly cold but with my 6 layers on I was quite toastie. 

Great report Julie nice to see I wasn't the only one out.

Yes it was rather cold but Roger was feeling better and was 

ready to do some miles.

We arranged to meet up as usual and do a non stop ride save

cooling down then trying to warm up to ride home.

I arrived first at our usual place with Roger coming down the hill

not far behind me.

His first words were I'll have to return home my freewheel is freewheeling in

both directions you'll have to go without me

Although it isn't far he could walk or scoot but cycling shoes aren't good for walking.

Having had the same problem last year I do have some cable ties in my tool bag.

After tying up the cassette to the hub he set off on his way.

I then set off on a couple of hour solo ride around Henley in Arden area.

Please to report Roger managed to ride back home OK.