Club Run 2nd January 2022

Sarashell

Firstly happy New Year, I hope every one has survived the festivities.

I will be in charge this week because the Boss is poorly.  So I thought we should go to Croome Park because I think it will be open, not sure about other places.

We will be starting at 10 o"clock from Tardebigge, and going via Priest"s Bridge.  It will be a stead (sobering up) ride, so hope to see you all in the morning.  🚲

Happy and safe New Year to you too, John, and all other clubmates. Get well soon, Moira 🙂

Be aware that Croome is still warning that, due to recent weather, car park spaces are limited and visitors may also have to be limited. I guess that's owing to saturated ground in overflow car park, but thought you ought to be aware.

Happy New Year 🎉 to you all and thank you for all the well wishes hoping to be back out the end of next week just can’t seem to get rid of my cold.

You’ve had a lovely day for a ride the sun was out I felt quite jealous not being out with you but I’m sure the real Boss is doing a Stirling job maybe he should have it back full time 😜

Well it was a small group that set out from Tardebigge today on the first ride of the New Year, as Leigh pointed out. Leigh, John (the bosses boss) and me. We all had performance anxiety as we haven't been out much the last few weeks for one reason or another.

We headed off into a head wind picking Barry up en route at flying horse lane. It was a nice bright start and not too cold either.

We made our way to Croome Park ( which I'm told is not far from defford 😳). 

We arrived to find the place packed with cars backing up outside trying to get to the car park. It was nice to sail past on our bikes and miss the chaos. That said the queue for tea and cake was out the door. But undeterred we joined the queue and were soon eating cake and drinking tea. 

Following some chat about cruises, mine and Barry's favourite subject, we set off into a lovely tail wind. Through Peopleton and back up towards Bradley Green and stock Green (yes im showing off now🤣🤣🤣).

Then things took a turn, the rain that was forecast started as a light downpour which quickly turned into torrential rain. We got a right good soaking! 

We were about 45 mins from Tardebigge where I'd parked my van. Thankfully.  Was I glad to see the old banger. I offered to take John home but like the real trooper he is he refused and carried on in the rain. Hope you got back OK John. Leigh and Barry had already peeled off a bit earlier so I hope they made it back to a nice hot shower and cuppa.

A good ride, a first for me in about 6 weeks, so I found it tough. But the guys looked out for me. 

Moira you were missed as were a few others that didn't make it out.

Hope to see you all very soon.