David Jones 30/9/36 - 22/11/21

ChrisP

It is with great sadness that I have to announce the sudden death

yesterday of David.

IMG_0561.thumb.JPG.2dc58e740eb76caee016cde2a6186166.JPG 

He has been a long time member of the Club with his wife Judy.

1040613435_IMG_0014(2).thumb.JPG.47473b1bd73e6092dd4addffd99f87cd.JPG

Over the past years he has been the club secretary and tried to keep us informed with any news,

by producing a letter or two each year.

Our thoughts go out to Judy and the family.

Chris and Hilary

Having just heard the terrible news of David’s passing, Owen and I wish to pass on our condolences to David’s family and friends.

David always struck me as a gentle soul, kind, considerate, courteous. An articulate and intelligent gentleman, committed to documenting and safeguarding the club’s past, and actively working on the committee to secure the club’s future.

David always made an effort to say hi at social events, and ask us how we were doing. We only knew him for a brief period compared to many other Saracens, but I have no doubt he will be greatly missed by many.

What a loss to humanity & most importantly his family David’s passing represents!

Unfortunately I only got to know him in the more recent years following the resurrection of the Club & monthly meetings by Ivor, Chris & Eddy!  His racing years were long before mine.

It soon became apparent that he & Judith were a significant building-blocks of the Club’s very foundations.

The welcome that was afforded the membership by the annual or bi-annual opening of the Jones’s family home over a number of years was kindness personified.

David’s knowledge of club events & the good Old days was second to none.

A Gentleman par excellence without doubt whom I never heard speak ill of anyone. Another elder statesmen of the Saracen has so suddenly left the Club’s ranks & his family with an unfilled void.