Club Run Sunday 24 October 2021

Moira

Richard I’m sorry about last week but with the rain it wasn’t worth going out but it did brighten up later. It is always worth checking the website on a wet day before heading out . My apologies if you turned up and no one else did not very good of us for a potential new club rider.

Right the forecast 🤞🏻Is looking okay for the morning so let’s try and make Clive’s at Cropthorne second time lucky. 
Barry as planned last week we will be going out via Dormeston so see you by Priest Bridge.

It will at 10 am start yes 10 am start as It’s now colder in the mornings and John has told me it takes his older bones longer to get going in the morning 😝

10 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

Well what a day we got wet then dried out and got wet again .

I initially met Bev at the end of our drives who had her cycle gear on but Kevin’s crocs on it was drizzling so fair weather Bev cried off preferring the turbo instead.

At TB was me , John and Mick so off we set in the drizzle we came across Mick H in FH Lane who stayed with us for a couple of miles before turning off as he was recovering from a virus not the C virus though.

We were joined by Barry , Alan and Christine P and almost immediately Alan got a puncture and as he was only 1.5 miles from home and it was raining they both went home after inviting us for tea and toast .

We decided to put a couple of loops in the second one as we were sniffing distance of Philpott Towers as Barry wanted to get his miles up which meant we had to go up the little steep hill at Himbleton much to John’s annoyance.

But once at Philpott Towers in the warm with lovely tea and toast prepared to perfection by myself and Chris , none of this warm bread it was well toasted. Alan then put some music on from the 50’s which got John smiling we didn’t want to leave. Luckily the rain had stopped so off we set singing ‘ a teenager in love ‘ John knew all the words the rest of joined in on the chorus so no wonder it started to rain again !!!!

A nice damp ride with a fantastic cafe stop thank you both Alan and Chris for making us so welcome.

Yes what a grey day.

After leaving home in the rain it turned to drizzle by the time I met Roger,

We set off over the Lickeys for Tardibegge hoping it would clear up. (Wishful thinking.) and continue to Fladbury etc.

Unfortunately the rain got worse and by Priest Bridge we put rain tops on.

At the junction we turned right and right again to head for Droitwich and home.

Along the way it eased off so tops off but still drizzle in the air.

Pity we didn't head in the direction of Philpott Towers before turning for home to find refuse.

Still non stop saved cooling down then trying to get going again as the temperature didn't get above 10 degs.

Third time lucky  then Moira?

Great day out guys and the best cafe stop this year thanks to Alan and Chris. Good banter and conversation, not to mention the nostalgic  music provided by Alan the disc jockey, appreciated by the old amongst us and Moira and Mick the youngsters? It was so good we didn't really want to get back on the bikes. The smoked salmon and scrambled egg was served to perfection !! along with the toast.

A big thanks to Alan and Chris for their hospitality.

yes it turned out a bit wet but that was soon forgotten about with a warm welcome from Alan & Christine. After being fed, watered and having a good old sing along not to mention Christine giving me a guided  tour of there lovely home we all went merrily on our way. On our way home through Barnt Green Moira & I were caught out once again by a heavy shower.🌧️🌧️definitely mudguards from now on.

Glad you enjoyed the hospitality and sing song. Here are the words to Dion's song.

Each time we have a quarrel
It almost breaks my heart
'Cause I'm so afraid
That we will have to part
Each night I ask
The stars up above
Why must I be
A teenager in love?
One day I feel so happy
Next day I feel so sad
I guess, I'll learn to take
The good with the bad