Club Run 🐝🐝🐝 Sunday 22/8/21

Moira

John has asked me to post the ride again as he’s not sure whether he will make the complete ride due to his little problem but we have a planned a short cut for him so hopefully he will be the advance party at  Clive’s  and get us a good table.

Clive's at Cropthorne it is but going out a different way from TB for a change.

Barry we will be coming from Feckenham (the road to the side of what was Barrett’s of Feckenham) then going to the junction of A422/A441 where we normally meet you. Then we will be turning right along the Ridgeway and then right at the Toll House . Then turning left at the Wheel Barrow and Castle Pub (Redford) a possible meeting point for the Philpott’s then the normal route out via Fladbury.

As normal 9.30am at TB fingers crossed it will have rained itself today .🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️

Today’s riders and runners were Julie , John , Mick ( the roofer ) , Leigh , Barry , Christine , Alan and Tim started with us too. Nice to see Tim out on a very bright orange mountain bike converted to electric. He stayed with us until Feckenham and then continued on his own .

John took the planned short cut and we all met up at Clive’s within 5 minutes of each other ( the Philpott’s came via Pershore).

Nice to see Tony and Dave just before Fladbury .
We had a bit of fun towards Fladbury as two cyclist a woman on the front and a man overtook us so that was red rag to a bull for Mick so we chased them down and sat on there wheels they took the bait and the man went onto the front but they couldn’t shake us off . I must say I was quite glad when we had to turn right for Cropthorne and they continued straight on.

The cafe that’s another tail another long wait eventually the tea cakes and toast came out only being toasted on one side !! After another 10 minutes the tea came out peace meal .

Luckily Mick had brought some homemade healthy flapjack with him which we shared out while waiting it was delicious .

Nice ride back but we somehow lost the Philpott’s and Leigh on the down hill into Pershore. Alan I’m assuming you took your normal short cut through Pershore. We did catch up Leigh well Mick did after chasing him down before Flying Horse Lane.

Good luck tomorrow Leigh with your operation .

No, we didn't get lost on the downhill to Pershore, we were left behind in the pull in opposite the entrance to Clives. Whoever was on the front leading the charge should have looked behind or at the least asked if everyone was on. We were only 200 metres back but nobody waited.

Sorry Alan i was on the front, hardly leading the charge!! i did ask the question, and was told the "Philpott electrics" would catch us. I also asked if we should wait as we left Pershore and was informed that Alan knew a shortcut in the town and would be in front of us. clearly not the case and we never so you again. Very sorry.

Good ride though and thanks to Mick for the home made energy bars!! perhaps because of them we were going faster than we thought.