Club Run - Sunday 24th March 2013

Sean Barker

Meeting as usual at the car park of the forest pub. Lickey End for a 9:30 departure.

With the mercury unlikely to climb above 0 and the distinct possibility of snow on the ground, this Sunday’s ride would appear to be in
serious jeopardy.

I’ll get out on my mountain bike if the weather is particularly inclement but a lot will depend on what the weather holds and what you guys are likely to be doing. .

forest%20pub.gif

Well the snow came down heavy last night and looks like it’s down for a day or two.

I’ll be changing the tyres on the mountain bike today back to the heavy duty steel studded snow tyres in readiness for some snow action this weekend. 

Well that was fun. Not surprisingly I didn't see any other cyclists but I thoroughly enjoyed the days cycling.

A few adrenaline rushes such as going into a skid but managing to regain control but the best was probably a couple of steep downhill sections where I would pick up some speed and know that to touch the brakes would only end in disaster, still as you pass the speed that you are comfortable on and are still accelerating is a real rush. Still all’s well that ends well.

92092962.jpg

Is it me or is it cold today?

56437615.jpg

The lanes weren’t too bad at all today. A few icy patches if you looked real hard.

60553678.jpg

Now I know that there is a road here somewhere

Archived