Club Run 15th March 🐝🐝

Sarashell

Barry I agree entirely. Audax UK and Cyclling UK have both suspended group rides and activities. BC and CTT have suspended all racing. Most other sports have suspended group activities or are expected to do so soon. Regardless of age, it is only wise to follow them. This virus will not go away soon and in my opinion it is irresponsible to continue clubruns and even have cafe stops for the foreseeable future. For my part, like you, I shall continue to do solo non-stop rides unless physically stopped by the authorities. Only outstanding question is what constitutes a group ride - maybe two riders side by side permitted and don't ride in slipstream for too long?

Comments please, especially from Committee members.

As you know I am in the vulnerable group of people, in their 70s with an underlying health problem. Β I don’t however feel that I shouldn’t goΒ out cyclingΒ in a SMALL group, I am more concerned about the cafe stop. Β Having said that, I worry more about going round the supermarket, close to a lot of people that I don’t know. Β 

So, weather permitting, I will be organising a club run for this Sunday. Β Whether or not we stop at a cafe, we can decide on the day, and I want some discussion on what we should do in the future. Β I’m sure that things will get worse before they get better, and we will have to cut down shortly.

So please put a post on here, and tell us what you think. 🚲

Single. Riding only

Cafes will probably be shut anyway

we owe it to each other to keep us safe

we want aSaracen Road Club surviving at the end of it all

get on the website and try to cheer us all up

Keep in touch with each other ,take the Mickey, have a laugh, whatever.

Ivor andPolly

If you are looking for a laugh at my expense, I can reveal a Senior moment, which I was keeping quiet .

A week last Thursday (12th March) I rode to Droitwich to meet you at Julies, when I ordered my tea and toast I was asked if others were arriving and how many and how long would they be, I said yes but as I had come from a different direction I didn't know, probably within the next half hour. By 12.15 nobody had arrived and I suddenly realised I should be in Alcester. I apologised to the girls at the cafΓ© and explained why you wouldn't be arriving.

So not only can I not remember directions, as you will agree, I cannot remember the cafΓ© stop days. I think I will be last in line for a ventilator!!