Club Run 11th August 🐝🐝

Sarashell

Indeed the breakfast could entice Mr Kent but we had a long wait last time if you recall but no doubt it will be better this time .

I think the wind may be more of a problem than rain . Fingers crossed see you in the morning on a lovely August Sunday 😎

Well, chaos rained, and the rain was chaos. Β Six met at Tardebigge, one being Hellen, Β a young lady who Ivor had been talking to and he had told her about our Club Run. So off we went, Hellen, Moira, Barry, Roger, Gordon And me. Then just down the road came Chris K. and Leigh. Β Now there eight. Β We going quite steadily because Hellen wasn’t too fit, she had only been out a couple of times this year. Β A little further on Hellen decided to go home, she was having trouble with the pace (we were only going steady, honestly). Β Now down to seven we carry on but the rain started, not too bad at first, but slowly got worse, stopping to put on wet weather gear, it wasΒ decided to do a shorter ride and go to De Beer’s. Β Off we went but somehow we lost Chris and Leigh. Β At the cafe Moira sent a message to Chris and Leigh rang me, Leigh had actually got to Bewdley, then Chris turned up at the cafe, he had been sheltering from the rain. Well that was about it no problems riding home. Β If I have any of the facts wrong, please shout up. Β Another wet day out. Β 

🚲🌧🚲

Β 

It was one of those days ..Chris and I were late ,my fault managed the climb up Copyholt to join the others only to ride back down againΒ  . Β Ivor bottles out on his hot date with a young lady (might not get another chance at your age Ivor) .Then we exhaust the poor girl . Then it rains and Chris dives for cover unbeknown to the rest of us.Then we stop to get rain jackets on which I had difficulty with and was left behind despite saying I was stuck and balling out at the disappearing backs of my club mates . I then thought they were going to Stourport which they were not . I carried onto Bewdley via the lumpy way and had a solitary break whiilst Chris managed to rejoin the others at De Beers. Alls well that ends well.

Β 

Started of with good intentionsΒ no rain about fairly warm bright sky.

Upon reaching Belbroughton shower started, I could see a front wheel sticking out of the bus

shelter opposite The Talbot Inn where two riders were hiding but i managed to squeeze in.

Only a short shower so set of again on my way.

Roads dry just around the corner.

BUT getting closer to Chadersley Corbett could see the sky closing in.

Found an old Oak Tree to shelter under the rain soon came through, should i continue into the village..

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.27499d3d3051d7c1b4efe6c0949544be.JPG

OR return home.

IMG_0002.thumb.JPG.72b9110fd60684f77445bd75e0c907dd.JPG

I chose the latter.

And it rained all the way back only to have the sun break through as i reached the front door.

AhΒ well just one of the pleasures of riding bikes.

May be better next week ?

On 8/11/2019 at 3:46 PM, Leigh said:

It was one of those days ..Chris and I were late ,my fault managed the climb up Copyholt to join the others only to ride back down againΒ  . Β Ivor bottles out on his hot date with a young lady (might not get another chance at your age Ivor) .Then we exhaust the poor girl . Then it rains and Chris dives for cover unbeknown to the rest of us.Then we stop to get rain jackets on which I had difficulty with and was left behind despite saying I was stuck and balling out at the disappearing backs of my club mates . I then thought they were going to Stourport which they were not . I carried onto Bewdley via the lumpy way and had a solitary break whiilst Chris managed to rejoin the others at De Beers. Alls well that ends well.

Β 

πŸ₯΄

On 8/11/2019 at 4:44 PM, ChrisP said:

Started of with good intentionsΒ no rain about fairly warm bright sky.

Upon reaching Belbroughton shower started, I could see a front wheel sticking out of the bus

shelter opposite The Talbot Inn where two riders were hiding but i managed to squeeze in.

Only a short shower so set of again on my way.

Roads dry just around the corner.

BUT getting closer to Chadersley Corbett could see the sky closing in.

Found an old Oak Tree to shelter under the rain soon came through, should i continue into the village..

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.27499d3d3051d7c1b4efe6c0949544be.JPG

OR return home.

IMG_0002.thumb.JPG.72b9110fd60684f77445bd75e0c907dd.JPG

I chose the latter.

And it rained all the way back only to have the sun break through as i reached the front door.

AhΒ well just one of the pleasures of riding bikes.

May be better next week ?

I had a lovely 3hour non Stopper! Kept coming across wet patches but seemed to be riding in between them. No buzzards this time.