Club Run 16th June 🐝🐝

Sarashell

I don't want to see Ivor doing another rain dance. But seriously, completion of my move is imminent, it's all hands to the pump!  It may be  quite a while before i'm back in the saddle. My upside chain collapsed and we are having to rent a property for 6 months which means putting the contents of a bucket into a pint pot and a lot of hard work with 2 moves instead of 1

. Enjoy your summer cycling. It's long holidays in warmer climates for me whilst in temporary accommodation and then i will training hard to keep up with "others" on electric wheels.

Best wishes  Barry

Barry, I wish you well in your pump manning (hand or floor variety). As you know I have been through similar shenanigans over the past 18 months. Any advice I can give you will be based on still having a garage full of boxes, full of I don't know what, but you have my sympathy. I'll look forward to your eventual return to the even more senior ranks, in the hope that I will have recovered enough fitness to give you at least one kicking in the half wheeling stakes :)

PS I didn't know a bike had an upside chain? Does it connect the top tube to the bottom bracket? 

Thanks Tony, brilliant, enjoyed reading your post  i cant bear the thought of it.  Regarding the half wheeling stakes, i don't half wheel, as Dave Mortimer would say i just have a longer bike than others!!

Likewise, looking forward to a return with you in the peloton to give me a kicking, it might make me sleep at night.

Remember Tony it was you who first introduced me to the Thursday group, when i was making a comeback to cycling after a 40 year break from cycling and racing in the North West, that was 10 years ago. I was riding on my own  when you came alongside and suggested that i should come to Tardebigge at 10am on a Thursday. I've enjoyed it ever since  and met several good like minded people in the Midlands, all thanks to a brief encounter with you on the bike. 

Where did you go?

I went out at 9-30 got back at12-00 just before it rained 

No need for a rain dance this week

I hope your boxes are waterproof Barry

The electric wheel is getting closer........try half wheeling that....... HEE....HEE....

Well, there were eight of us out this morning. ( One was a guest, Dougie Pinkerton ). We decided to keep close-ish to home, because of the threat of rain, so we ended up  at Worcester Country Park. It turned out to be a lot warmer than we thought and no rain, an’t that just our luck ! Any way on the way home it did rain, but not too bad.

And this week’s riders :-

Bev A. 

Kevin R.

Chris T.

Ken H.

Leigh F.

Roger B.

John S.

and Dougie P.

🚲