Club Run 14th April 🐝🐝

Sarashell

The magnificent seven started off from Tardebigge (Bev, Moira, Phil, Chris K, Jack K, Leigh and me)to Upton upon Severn, but part way Chris, Jack and Leigh decided to go to Pershore instead. Then there were four, we went on to Upton, where we found Alan P. ,and just after, Chris P. came in. We put the world to rights as usual, then battled the elements back home. Good ride but the wind was quite strong. 🚲

The Senior run.   Ken, Ivor and myself met at 11.15 and proceeded to Stourport. Cafe very busy but we sat at the table of a ex racing motorcycle  rider which provided  an interesting change of conversation. Home into the wind but a  great day out in good company, both on the road and at the cafe.

We really must keep the Senior run going forward, hopefully with more club members.

Got the timing right today arrived at Upton Marina before they'ed started eating.

After passing through Callow End and over the Common couldn't resist taking a couple of 

pic's of the Malvern in the distance.

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.9f69b5fd700d9bf5a869915e6294c1a3.JPGIMG_0002.thumb.JPG.31fcc20f1d44406b389d2418195cd0d4.JPGIMG_0003.thumb.JPG.9b3bedbbf9eaf0aceb1fdac8a4a3b44d.JPG

Almost forgot I had the camera in the cafe but got a few shots of the crew about to set of for home.

IMG_0004.thumb.JPG.bedd64e218cf21a520be7c3cc7ec80f3.JPG199154047_IMG_0004(2).thumb.JPG.b20e662cf84c405ebacf91bc834852bb.JPG

I think Alan is just tidying John up.

IMG_0006.thumb.JPG.130125a7c73db282c0cc9dc82f9296aa.JPG

John looking after the ladies.

IMG_0007.thumb.JPG.95be8e513ea7c8407b2b3a0c79b5a04b.JPG

As John mentioned the wind was rather strong.

IMG_0005.thumb.JPG.97b895a11764c6071f5486fb54411913.JPG

Back in Winter gear maybe it will be warmer next weekend.

Well one & all, are you sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin:- it was like this:-

Jack is doing a sponsored charity ride over what we used to call the Witsun Bank Holiday weekend (“Builth Wells time” to the older & initiated members)

Its work related & his Midland & NW Office are responsible for the last 180mls sector of the John ‘O’ groats - Landsend route, over 3 days!

It has been circa 5yrs since he last put his leg over a bicycle & needless to say should have started to do some regular riding ASAP!

Well he did today & contrary to my old belief that cunning, experience, old-age & treachery are more than a match for youth, enthusiasm & naivety I WAS PROVED WRONG YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Our literal & metaphorical leader set a more than reasonable pace after our caring & erstwhile companions disappeared into the distance and Jack was fine until his tenderised “tenderloin” crotch became more than a mild distraction!

Only the final miles on Crutch Lane were something of a struggle!

I advised a proper bath and a “night off the nest” by the way of a recovery + also tried to instill in him the need to abstain for at least a month before a “BIG EVENT”; just like Eddy Merckx & his DAD did 🙏👏👏👏👏👍🚲🚲🚲👍🙏👏👏👏

On 4/14/2019 at 4:33 PM, Lancashire Lad said:

The Senior run.   Ken, Ivor and myself met at 11.15 and proceeded to Stourport. Cafe very busy but we sat at the table of a ex racing motorcycle  rider which provided  an interesting change of conversation. Home into the wind but a  great day out in good company, both on the road and at the cafe.

We really must keep the Senior run going forward, hopefully with more club members.

I wasn’t sure whether anyone was actually going. Or what time etc.

I look Sat eve before bed. About 9pm.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:20 PM, ChrisKENT said:

So apologies to you even older ones or should I say Seniors WE needed and will need on future outings an early start to make the most of Jack’s short time away from WORK😩😡

Is this an invitation to an early start?

Archived