LAND'S END TO JOHN O'GROATS - Suzy's LeJog

Mavis and Eddie Smith's eldest daughter, Susan, who is 62, will be taking on an End-to-End ride in June for Diabetes UK, and the following is taken from the flyer that Susan has had printed to publicise her ride.

"Suzy's LeJog - Cycling from Land's End to John O'Groats for Diabetes UK because members of my family have Diabetes.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.  I am cycling from Land's End to John O'Groats starting on June 11th 2019 for 15 days and finishing on June 25th.  This will be totally    self-supported, carrying all our own luggage.  Myself and four friends have decided on this personal challenge, probably the biggest challenge I, for one, will ever undertake, especially after I had two knee replacements 3 years ago.  We are all fundraising for different Charities, those of which are personal to us, which is why I am raising money for Diabetes UK.  As a few of you may know my daughter Fae was diagnosed with this horrible disease when she was 26 and since then has relied on insulin 4 times a day; more recently my Mum has been diagnosed and in the last few weeks so has my husband.  It is one of those diseases that perhaps you don't really think about and I for one didn't realise how greatly it may change one's life.  I'd like to thank you in advance for your donations to such a necessary charity.  

I will keep updates as to how we are getting on during the ride via Facebook or on Strava (providing technology permits), so lots of encouragement please; I can assure you it will be greatly appreciated.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure.  Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails.  Once you donate, they'll send your money to the charity.  So, it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

To donate, please visit:  https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Suzy-Palmer "

The schedule for Susan's ride is :  Tuesday, June 11th - start at Lands End - finish at Fowey.      Wednesday 12th - finish at Exeter.      Thursday 13th - finish at Bridgwater.                            Friday 14th - finish at Monmouth.      Saturday 15th - finish at Church Stretton.      Sunday 16th - finish at Chester.      Monday 17th - finish at Garstang.                                                      Tuesday 18th - finish at Patterdale (Lake District).      Wednesday 19th - finish at Moffat.      Thursday 20th - finish at Dumbarton.      Friday 21st - finish at Glencoe.                                               Saturday 22nd - finish at Foyers (Loch Ness).       Sunday 23rd - finish at Invershin.      Monday 24th - finish at Bettyhill.      Tuesday 25th - finish at John O'Groats.