Club Run 26th August ??

Sarashell

Well John , Mick H and I were mad enough to brave the weather yes I know stupid . We decided to go to Broad Acres Fishery on Flying Horse Lane but we did go a long way round despite all of wishing we had just gone direct.

So we managed a very wet 24 miles to get there but once inside the lovely warm cafe our moods soon improved especially after 2 big mugs of tea each and a very tasty bacon butty.

Talk was about Sam and her iron woman event today then me and my big mouth started asking if she could do her own punctures Mick said no I just do them for her Me well maybe you should let her do them at which John gave me a knowing look as he always does mine. So riding home guess who got a puncture yes me and guess who had to fix it me with top hints from both John and Mick whilst it was pouring down . Did manage to do it all nearly but couldn't manage to get the tyre back on by the valve need to do some thumb exercises.

And a few pictures to. 

image.thumb.jpeg.62e63e4043aef9495a792abbd2a014d6.jpeg

You can't beat a hot mug of tea when cold and wet.

image.thumb.jpeg.f8e46a0757f0dd13b2fefe3246120ae6.jpeg

What a funny face John ?

image.thumb.jpeg.77a1ec470e48915081ab98776a836f90.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ffd38f7c5f9fbd9e8d49fb6a2756ece7.jpeg

A view of the lake which on a nice sunny day is beautiful.image.thumb.jpeg.a67f8ce8492b7a62df1564e8e4283db2.jpeg

Well it wasn’t the best day of the year, but three of us ventured out and just did a short loop round. We ended up af Broad Acres Fishery drinking tea and wonderful bacon sandwiches. While we were in the cafe, the rain seemed to get into top gear, but when we came out again, it was only pouring down. So far so good, but on the way home Moira had to go and have a puncture. With some encouragement from Mick H. and me, Moira fixed the tyre, and we rode home like drowned rats.

?‍♂️

Archived