Club Run 1st July ??

Sarashell

Well it was a hot day, about 29 degrees, but we had a big group out today. Steady ride to Evesham the direct way (too hot to go fast), then after food and drinks and keeping in the shade we started back. Tim had to go back again because he had forgotten his bottle, we waited but he didn’t come back, so we’ll see him next week .

A good, and very warm day.

And our gang today were:-

Tess O.

Bev A.

Moira B.

Leigh F.

Tim B.

Chris K.

Chris T.

Pete C.

Owen H.

John S.

Ken H.

Barry L.

Alan P.

?

WHAT OUR LEADER DID’NT SAY WAS THAT HE, BEV, MOIRA, TESS & ALAN waited for quite a while (5-10minutes) just after the turning into the lane towards Charlton, for Tim!

The rest carried on albeit at a very slow pace whilst I really pottered on @ 5-7mph before being caught-up by the former mentioned group just before Fladbury Hill @ the ‘A’ main road junction!

Well “that was that” as whilst I continued to look to the rear for Tim the rest disappeared up the road & no no doubt joined the others without a backward glance!!!

MORALE OF THE STORY:-

Look after number 1 because they (LEIGH included) just look after themselves!

You’d have thought that I would have learnt after all these years.............

DID TIM GET HOME OK?, DID LEIGH GET HOME OK ON HIS SOLO RUN? and the rest while I can only assume so?

LONG WAY HOME (23mls) ON OWN INTO HEADWIND!????????

Went back to collect water bottle and got stuck talking to a couple at the table where  we had been   been sitting, could never have  pulled you back so went home at my own pace and route  !!!!! did not know you all waited.

Archived