19 NOVEMBER

Tim

Five of us left The Forrest Me , Bev , Kev , Dave S and Tim we were missing our leader Mr Shelley who had a house guest from last night meal which was a very enjoyable evening with excellent food so thanks to Hiliary and Chris for organising yet another good night out.

Anyway back to cycling I had a puncture on the way out which Kev sorted for me never seen anyone do a puncture so quickly . We went out via Bishampton arriving at the cafe in good time so we were able to get a table by the window looking out. As soon as we sat down Mr Shelley arrived saying he'd worn his cycling kit at breakfast and had clomped around the house prior to this to ensure that Alan and his wife were up so he could get out on his bike. And there was me thinking that I might actually gain a crafty point on him ?.

We were just enjoying our tea when Chris P and Tess arrived . CHris made a grand entrance which Philpott would have been proud of. As he was just turning in on his bike right in front of the window we were sitting him he very gracefully fell off his bike and ended up in a heap on the floor . Of we didn't laught too loud honest 8/10 for style and 10/10 for entertainment value.

We were then joined by a large number of the Beacon and even had to give our table up for them leaving Chris and Tess there. As we were leaving Miixk H turned up and as we were cycling down the road we saw Pat , Ken and Bob doubt they got into the cafe as some were sitting outside as it was so full.

An enjoyable ride back until I got another puncture on my rear wheel again this time changed by John. Since getting home Kev has very kindly put a new tyre on for me so hopefully I might manage a ride without puncturing on the rear.

Forgot to say that we past Ruth and Christine twice and that on leaving the cafe a mile down the road we came across Alan P loitering with intent so he joined us for a while .

We also cycled past Brain and his friends walking twice they were a long way from TB but the question is did they walk all that way .Second time we saw them they were just approaching Bishampton.

Archived