General Chat it's called

rovi

Well, I have been to the other side of Upton this evening to meet the rest of the club. Now then after having said that,I must say that I am also in a motorcycle club, It was a very nice evening, weather was very nice . I was riding a 1938 motorcycle and it never missed a beat.

There is more to life than just one hobby.

??

Thank you gentlemen for another very pleasant ride.

Another exciting stage on the tour,

it seems to entertain every day,

One thing you can be sure of with the tour is that you just don't know what's next.

Why did they boo Froome ?  Just because he's not French?

Perhaps we should send Dr. Who over there. (or Leigh perhaps)

Glad you all had a good ride I was out with my family having lunch as my mum was 87 today we went to a nice pub not far from Keele University then got stuck in very slow moving traffic on the way home on the M5 in the road works.

It is the early hours of the morning when  all is still,and with the  promise of a beautiful day to come. The air is fresh and the early sun is cold and low,coming through the hedge rows as light and dark. I do believe that this time  is one of the greatest experiences of cycling. The only sound to be heard is my gasping for air as I  try to get up some hill with at least a little dignity, I realise how fantastic the English countryside is and how fortunate I am. It is then that I start to think about the great mysteries of life, and the problems that beset mankind and cycling in particular.
Thes are just a few thoughts that have occurred to me on these occasions.
You might like to add a few of your own and perhaps solve these mysteries

Why is it that ,

Hills are always shorter and less steep when going down ,than when going up?

When I get cut up by some motorist, it is invariably a BMW. (complete with besuited  Lego type salesperson ).

My little Cateye computer never reads greater than 10.6 average speed? Even when I go down hill.(for years some would say). Why on earth do I need it?

When I fall off ( quite frequently ) I do not bounce like I used to. Is the degree of bounce inversely proportional to age?

I can never remember if the rear gear change is on the left or the right. I always get it wrong. At times, it is like hitting a brick wall. Very embarrassing. (Give me a fixed wheel anytime ),

I do not stop more frequently to lean on field gates and talk to the sheep?  They are good listeners, and do not answer back. Just the occasional baa, but no humbug.(Sorry)).

The flies that buzz round my head follow me all the way up the hill ? Do one or two flies drop out on the way up, and are replaced by  fresher more hungry ones further up?

My GPS computer only tells me where I should be and not invariably where I am. 

I do not walk up hills more often  and listen to the stillness of the morning?(However, this seems to be happening naturally now).

After going out twice a week and trying very hard  up hills etc. I do not seem to get any fitter?

All the photographs of Saracen club runs show the members always eating large fry ups or eating very  large cakes.
As I say these are but just a few thoughts.

Regards Terry Dinsby

Well done Terry,

That raised the tone of our "General Chat "

as well as giving us something to think about,

Those of us of a certain age can easily identify

with most of your observations, but the beauty of our countryside,

the sunrise and fresh air of an early Sunday morning is surely

a feeling that resounds with all of us AHHH........

I feel I must just say a few words about Terry's thoughts, the last one in particular. The photos of the club runs. For a start I think we are lucky (at our age) to have someone who knows how to work a digital camera and to get the pictures onto the web site. And as for the breakfasts and cakes etc. well that's what the club runs are all about. The ride is only to get you to the cafe, and also to work up an appetite.

The falling off thing you're right don't bounce like you used to, I have the scares to prove it.

J.S.  ?

After operations on my feet the only shoes that fit are Aldi mountain bike SPD only got one pair if anyone sees them  for sale please let me know.

With regard to chat what a pandora's box you have re opened Rovi.

Yes let's see what else comes out

A politician was asked recently 

"Why do men not live as long as women"

When he replied 

"Perhaps it's because women nag them to death"

(in a joking manner) "Well,it all hit the politically correct fan "

OOPS!!

Did you hear about the lawyer who was looking for a new home to rent for himself, wife and 13 kids? He was so worried that he wouldn't find any landlord who would take on such a large family that when he did spot somewhere suitable he left his wife and 12 kids in the local cemetery to wait for him.

With the 13th child in his arms he knocked on the door and asked the landlord if he could have the house. The landlord asked him a few questions including whether he had more family. Yes he replied, 12 other children but they are all in the cemetery with their mother. At this the landlord offerred him the house.

With such a talent, the lawyer went on to become a politician of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived