Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sean Barker

What is this called?

Recommended Posts

Had a bit of a mechanical today and on closer inspection found that this part had cracked and partly come away from the crank.

I obviously need to order a new one but am not sure what its actually called or where to order it from, any help?

It's for a Shimano hollowtech


Here it is



Goes in here

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean, I've only just seen this thread, The end cap is used to pre-load the bearing, the round plastic tool allows a very very small torque to be applied using your fingers before clamping the two crank arm pinch bolts.

Should you need the installation checking, don't hesitate to call in as I have all the workshop tools for fitting and removal of b/bkt, crank arm and a torque wrench for torques as low as 7.5 Nm.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this