Sunday 12th Feb

Hannah

Evening all!

Just spent the last hour catching up with the adventures of you all since Boozers!

It seems that the rain and ice has either kept you all indoors, or on short rides... or in the pool, in the case of Leigh Fishit (the cat comment made me crack up!!!) Tales of tea and toast at the Philpotts sounds lovely! And reading about how you have all braved the elements to ride together makes me smile :-)

I shan't bore you all with the tales of the horrendous weather up north! Suffice it to say:

a) I could count the number of times I used my winter Campag jacket in the Midlands on one hand - it was rarely cold enough to justify wearing it. Here it's seeing the light of day at least twice a week!

b) The log burner in our living room is an absolute lifesaver!

Anyway, I digress! We've missed you all terribly and we're coming back to the Midlands this weekend as my nan turns 70! We'll be staying at Mick's from Friday 10th through til Monday 13th - and we're both up for a club ride!

O's managed to get out a couple of times with the local bash, but between commuter mileage, the cold and adapting to the new job the only miles I am doing are to and from work -  a 24 mile commute in this weather approx 4 times a week is enough for me atm! But with this and tales of the cold and short Saracen adventures in mind O and I quite fancy a ride on Sunday to our favourite place - Pershore. 

Currently, the forecast looks cold and dry for Sunday, but I appreciate this will probably change as Sunday draws closer. Anyway, I thought I'd mention it and see how everyone feels about it :-)

Looking forward to hopefully seeing you - fingers crossed for some fairly decent weather!!! 

Well 4 of us battled our way to Pershore, actually it was with the wind, but cold. The cafe was warm as usual, then in came 3 more, in the car would you believe! Anyway after a lot of tea and talking we had to get back out into the cold, good greef was it cold, and into the wind.

We all got home safely, but the temperature on the garmin had been negative for most of the way. Today's riders were.

Moira Blackburn 

Kevin Sargent

Kevin Young

John Shelley

And in the car.

Hannah Smith

Owen Hazlewood

Mick Hazlewood

Nice to see Hannah and Owen down here, hope to see you both again soon.

??

Archived