Club Runs Sunday 5 Feb ???

Moira

Right John and I ventured out into the headwind on Thursday after being dropped by the speedy Vince , Andy and his mate I must admit it even felt hard going downhill but we made it more thanks to Jonn's determination more than mine to a lovely new tea stop called The Phillpots were we enjoyed fine conversation tea and toast . ( thanks Chris ) and a lovely tail wind home.

John has told me off for not posting any rides so not wanting to have the raff of Mr Shellely here goes Sunday 5 th Feb if there is less than 6 of us we will go to The Phillpots who are expecting us apparently Alan is in need of some male company !!!!  And if numbers are more we will go to Croome Park instead. The invite to The Phillpots extends to the C run too but if you do go there can you drop them a text to let them know so Alan will wash his hair and get dressed his words not mine.

Shall the B's meet at TB too just so we know the numbers as to whether we go to The Phillpots or not. 

Decision made B going from TB at 9.45 am sharp ( Bev and I prefer to meet there sorry A's old habits die hard and we miss seeing the C's )

• Sean Barker changed the title to Club Runs Sunday 5 Feb 🐝🐝🐝

Today at the start it was decided that we would take up the offer of lunch at the Pilpotts

So the two groups made their way.

Myself and Leigh made our way at a leisurely pace and the faster group of Moira, John and Bev found a longer route there.

Mick Hazlewood and Tim Brueton did a non stop ride

As Leigh and I arrived first we took advantage of the coffee and food when shortly thereafter Tony arrived, quickly followed Dave and then the main group.

Today's riders were

Sean Barker

Leigh Flintstone

John Shelly

Tony Shardlow

Dave Mitchell

Bev Abbots

Moira Blackburn

Andy (Trigger) Hill

Chris Philpott

Alan Philpott 

And spare a thought for poor old Chris Kent who decided at the last minute that he would join us but missed the start so gave chase all the way to our original destination at De Boers where he had lunch alone.

A lonely and hard earned point for you Chris but I suppose that is scant reward for a solitary ride.

Yeah Speedy Kev , Mick H and Tim B were all there at TB and rode with us all the way to  Philpotts driveway but decided not to stop because of numbers already there so surely should get a point too. ?

Thanks Moira, I'll add them.

Sorry Kev, how could I miss you? :lol2

Thankyou Moira,  I think you should have an extra point for being on the front all day as well.

What part of 'lay off the bike or at the very least go easy when you ride' was completely and utterly lost on you Rourke?!?!? :angry:

God help you if you're still coughing when we arrive this weekend! :wink:

Oh dear Mick sounds like your in trouble !!!!  

Hannah he did behave himself as he refused to go on the front I did ask him too . I hear you and Owen are down this Sunday it will be good to see you both and you will be able to supervise Mick !! 

John I think those cakes had a different name if we're going with the bird theme something to do with tits and not a blue tit .

For a minute there Moira I thought Mick had said he'd spent a lot of time on the front! but now I realise that it's you - you champ!!!! Good to hear he has some sense! Someone's gotta keep an eye on that Rourke! 

Yes we're both down this weekend and looking forward to seeing you all! The Philpott tea and toast experience sounds awesome!!!

Archived