Aldi Cycling Kit - Thurs 21st November

DaveM

• 2 weeks later...

I must say I’m really impressed with this “Performance range”. I was disappointed with previous padded tights from Aldi inasmuch as the material was clearly not up to the standard I am used to and the padding in the seat area was more akin to cardboard than anything resembling appropriate cycling padding.

These tights however are clearly a step up in quality and at three times the price of that last ones I bought from Aldi (these were £30) are certainly comparable with tights that I would expect to pay three times that much on one of the cycling websites.

The top is of a superior quality too, although better suited to Autumn/Spring riding I would think 

yrwx.jpg

Tops at £17.99 (I got the blue) also available in black not shown

zo47.jpg

Some info on the tights

Just a quick follow up on the tights.

After wearing them on Saturday’s Audax I have to mention a slight design fault. The front zip only comes down enough to enable the taking off of the garment, not down enough to make an emergency “pit stop”. To perform that particular action you would have to be able to manipulate and contort yourself in such a manner that you wouldn’t look out of place on the stage of the London Palladium.

A word to the wise:

Men don’t go for these if you can’t survive the 20 mile plus rides between cafes/home

Women don’t buy these for your men, if he could manage in these he’d probably still be single. 

Archived