Sunday 23rd October

Hannah

As I'm sure many of you already know, Owen and I are moving on to pastures new this month after I accepted a job offer in Darlington.

We are sad to leave Speeds and Bromsgrove behind, but we will continue to be Saracen members. We'll wave the Saracen flag up north whenever possible!

We are due to leave for our new home on Sunday 30th October; so Sunday 23rd October will be our last full Sunday here.

The last three weekends we have been house hunting and as such have not been out on club rides, but this Sunday we'd like to see as many of you as poss before we go. 

Given that the days are growing shorter (and colder!) and given that Coffee 1 in Pershore has always been one of our favourite haunts we'd like to suggest making this cafe the destination for this week's club run. Owen and I will be driving there (we're conserving energy for the packing and the 200 mile move!) with a view of getting to the cafe for about 11am. 

Let me know how you feel about that and if it's something the club would like to do that's fab. If anyone has got any other suggestions let us know! 

Owen , Hannah

will make my own way there as it will remind you of what it is you are fleeing from !!! Seriously, will be sad to see you both go as Speeds has been such a great place to go to whilst you were both there and you have brought much to the club .Mind even with Hannah going I don't think I'll will the skittles!!  I am sure you will both prosper with your talents and attitude . All the best for the future ..

Thank you for your kind words Leigh! Will be great to see you before we go! I know there's talk of Speedy Kev, Lee De Gray and Mick Dalton coming over and I hope to see a few more faces!

If there are any concerns about bike storage outside the cafe I've been told the cafe often allows cyclists to take their bikes through to the courtyard at the back. I can ring Coffee 1 tomorrow to confirm this if there are concerns about numbers/bike security.

Owen and I plan to be here from 11am and we will stay for a couple of hours, sampling their lovely coffee and cake! 

A huge thank you to everyone who came to meet us at Pershore today!

It was so lovely to see you all before we leave for Darlington next weekend! We didn't get chance to speak to all of you, but it means the world to us that you came. I hope Sean and Chris K are ok as we didn't see you guys. Do let us know that you are both ok!

We hope to be back in the area end of November and of course we'll be back for Boozer's Run!

Thanks all for the cards and well wishes, such a lovely send off from our Saracen family xxx

LDG battling the wind to get to Coffee 1...

ldg.thumb.jpg.801997f286deeed0dc3aa85376

LDG battling with puncture...

puncture.thumb.jpg.b3d104b59d5a5847a0144

chain over cog, round chain guide, no, cog over chain...

cogs.thumb.jpg.79ca8894ade11e5cded9f8ea8

high quality cake...

cake.thumb.jpg.2f7ab170582c54f3ae9e77c5b

Leigh.thumb.jpg.217dad7c480fdac2171e4bd7

Leigh Fliggett tells me the one about the broken chain... note dirty fingers...

MH.thumb.jpg.c5fcc4ebb145ecdb79e423db38e

The first time ever Mick is spotted not on his bike...

more_cake.thumb.jpg.38292098aabb1d8b3433

your actual bog standard cycling food...

Han_O.thumb.jpg.025874e4fba55b44dffe6ff5

watch out Yorkshire!

Love the photos Speedy!!! You have such a eye!!! I hope you're up for Victorian Christmas fayre @ Worcester next month!!!!

Thank you for the well wishes Ivor! We will be back in Bromsgrove before you know it but we're both really looking forward to this new chapter in our lives!

Thanks for letting us know Leigh, Kenty I hope you get better soon! Would have loved to have seen you before we go but your health and wellbeing must take priority. Take good care, get well soon and we'll be in touch when we're back in the area. 

Sorry for delay had trouble loading pictures.

Leigh has orders to be home on time and is off up the cafe Mick McC is going to join him

but as always has to have the last word.

igalir.jpg..

Hannah having trouble with her nose.e7ji89.jpg

McClure still there having the last word in Hannah's ear.

o59utf.jpg

I think he's gone at last.

2j64f2e.jpg

The other half of the party.

2ushb9z.jpg

29yr4p4.jpg

ibfm7q.jpg

.B's on the move.

263bjwm.jpg

I think the three from speeds have been working together to long always got their tongues hanging out.

With H & O leaving Speedy should be able to return to normal.

149q92.jpg

Women in black nothing to do with us.

2sbsens.jpg

More B's heading for home.

xd9sic.jpg 

.A good gathering to wish Hannah and Owen all the best for the future in there new adventure UP NORTH.

Archived