Aldi Cycling sale - 26th September 2013

DaveM

Not too much showing at the moment but there is usually more wares displayed on the site in the week running up to the big day.

I’d be interested to know if their socks are as good as Lidl’s

Alan where are you?

Hmmmm......thinking about it, it may have been the Aldi socks that I bought not the Lidl ones.  Like others, I do get confused between the two shops........ :blush:

Been looking through the gear and got my eyes on these

17d7.jpg

socks at £3.29

v471.jpg

Merino wool base layer top £15,99 That should keep me warm on the coldest days

4ov3.jpg

These winter gloves at £4,99 have to be checked out

wu5s.jpg

This under helmet cap has to be worth a look too at £4,99

Well I was there in Selly Oak as the doors opened at 8:00am and bought five pairs of socks in assorted colours, I also got an under helmet head warmer, a couple of pairs of winter gloves and two pairs of overshoes.
Alas I drew dead on the merino base layer despite kicking on and also trying Bromsgrove and Droitwich

Initial impressions on the goods is the gloves look quality and should keep my hands warm on all but the very coldest days when the seal skins come into play.

The socks look very good, not sure they are quite as good as the Lidl socks but a bargain nonetheless.

The overshoes look good but as to how waterproof they are time will tell.

And the under helmet head warmer looks like another quality product.

As I examine my purchases the overwhelming question is; how do they do this for the money?

Got the long sleeved jersey from D'wich. Have one I purchased two years ago and it has been great under a jacket in the winter. Looks like the base layer's are in short supply so I am going to try B'grove later. Winter jackets look great value I also have one, must be three years old now and it is good as new. Don't much care for large amount of black on the back of this model, I like to be seen, so giving it a miss.

Base layers have arrived at D'wich.  100% Merino wool.  Good value at £15.99. Should be in other branches.

Just got back from today's Audax and noticed the text you sent me alerting me to this, thanks for that Dave.

I'll try our local Aldi tomorrow as I'd really like one of these. 

Archived