BROMSGROVE OLYMPIQUE RELIABILITY RIDE SUN 6TH MARCH

BROMSGROVE OLYMPIQUE RELIABILITY RIDE SUN 6th MARCH

http://www.bromsgrovecycling.cc/wordpress/index.php/news/reliability-trial-8th-march-2015/

Speedy Kev here, announcing his plans for this Sunday, 6th March, Bromsgrove Olympique are holding their annual reliability ride, a 62 mile anti clockwise loop starting and finishing in Bromsgrove, and going via Broadway (inc Fish hill) 

I rode it last year, http://www.saracenroadclub.com/index.php?/topic/5516-ride-reportbromsgrove-olympique-reliability-ride/  so, I thought it would be a good way to get the year going properly??!!

So, getting to the point, Speedy isn't out on the A ride this Sunday, and also fellow Saracen RC riders (that Speedy coerced in to riding) 

K.R.Sargent

O.T. Hazlewood

A.P.Wright

L.D. Grey

D.H.Cunningham

First riders off at 10am, £4 to enter on the day, GPS map available, refreshments at the finish!!

I believe the Saracens are going to ride 'en masse' rather than try to take on the other assembled 1st/2nd cat  riders....

after the event we plan to roll back up to the Harvester for coffee/cakes and a discuss the what ifs, the might have beens etc...

Everybody welcome to join us at the Bromsgrove Olympique Reliability ride  

Bromsgrove Olympique Reliability ride report 

6/3/2016

4iblaf.jpg

The assembled dream team...

Owen Hazlewood

Lee de Grey

Kev Sargent

Dave Cunningham

Alec Wright.

The 62m route starts at Bromsgrove scout hut and heads out via Hanbury, Feckenham, Cookhill, Evesham, Broadway, Fish hill, then returns back through Bidford and Redditch to finish back at the Bromsgrove Scout hut.

The 5 of us huddled together before the start to try and keep warm, we couldn't quite agree how to ride it, ie each man for himself, or as a group, the initial ride up through town and Rock hill wasn't as bad as I remember from 2015, and the lights were green at Hanbury cross, I hear Lee shouting "go go go..."

so far so good....all together...

it couldn't last, through Hanbury woods it disintegrates, the main contenders pull away on the descent, I'm with Dave C, but no idea whats happening behind...

should I stay, or should I go now??...

A 20 man group forms, and we all do turns, Fish hill looms in the distance... we hang a right around the roundabout at the base of Fish hill, Dave and I drift forwards through the peloton, 1st corner, Dave launches,  nodding, high cadence, off the front he goes, I sit with a few to see what happens, not a lot, so I spin up after him, glance back, the group has gone into meltdown... Dave crests the top, I follow with 2 other, soon 3 ... this 5 man group works together all the way back, into the wind.... the grind up in to Redditch interminable, we hit the dual track heading towards Bromsgrove, Dave launches his second burst of the day and gaps the remaining 4 tired riders, only to be cruelly held up at the traffic lights.

The cold scout hut all of a sudden seems very inviting, we sign ourselves back in, and check our times against the properly fast, and then head off to the tea and cakes...

24wdb39.jpg

I feel sorry for those coming in later, as the cakes were decimated by the early arrivals...

Dave and I wait for the others to roll in, and chat to Mic Dalton about his knee op

1zgrio1.jpg

25 staples, and a metal plate later!!!

2i0rx1s.jpg

Owen and Alec roll in, Lee's gone MIA...

rii3x1.jpg

A 20 man group forms, and we all do turns, Fish hill looms in the distance... we hang a right around the roundabout at the base of Fish hill, Dave and I drift forwards through the peloton, 1st corner, Dave launches his nodding, high cadence off the front, I sit with a few to see what happens, not a lot, so I spin up after him, glance back, the group has gone into meltdown... Dave crests the top, I follow with 2 other, soon 3 ... this 5 man group works together all the way back, into the Dave launches his second burst of the day and gaps the remaining 4 tired riders, only to be cruelly held up at the traffic lights.

I love this part of the report Kev, it was great to ride qwith you and put the power down. It was definitely worth getting out of bed for. 

Archived