B Run Sunday 2nd August

Sean Barker

Shhhhh Sean!!! Don't tempt fate!

Owen, Mick, Kevin 'Speedy' Sargent and John Poole will all be competing in a 4up this Sunday, and I'll be there providing them with morale support. 

Hope you guys have a fab day! 

I woke up a bit late so missed the start of both A & B runs so decided I would make my own way to Bromyard, got to the cafe (Flowerdews) about 11.45 & had a bacon butty. 

I was billy no mates as not did not see see another Saracen (where did you end up?) but had a lovely ride back via Martley, Stourport & Belbroughton.

Do I get a point?

I woke up a bit late so missed the start of both A & B runs so decided I would make my own way to Bromyard, got to the cafe (Flowerdews) about 11.45 & had a bacon butty. 

I was billy no mates as not did not see see another Saracen (where did you end up?) but had a lovely ride back via Martley, Stourport & Belbroughton.

Do I get a point?

We headed out in in a far from direct route and decided to make for the Wyre Forest visitors centre in the end. Probably just as well as I had 74 miles on the clock when I got back home.

Chris will do a report later and John of course you get a point for that, :) 

Just a couple of snaps from the cafe

qy8o3k.jpg

1zc1i1f.jpg

This chap came and joined us as we sat outside in the summers sun

I photographed him

Chris and Tim fed him

Kevin was transfixed on a robin hidden away in the hedge

And Pete tried to talk him into joining the Saracen

Well we (Peter, Tim, Sean, Alan Weaver) set off from Tardebigge in a Westerly direction with Bewdley, Wyre Forest & possibly Bromyard in mind as a destination,

Having already parted company with some of the 'C' s @ the start they encountered others en-route (Ken, Toney & one other ?) before then coming across the 'A's Kevin & David between Lickey End & Burcot who obviously had a mechanical!

After rendering what help & moral support they could + cable ties to secure the top part of Dave's saddle to its rails, they resumed with the addition of Kevin (who did'nt fancy repeating the ride he had done on Friday in preparation for today's venture, on his own again as David had now had to depart for home),

A lumpy route out via Catshill, Bournheath, Chaddesley Corbett, Cookley, Kinver, Trimpley & Bewdley was undertaken, with Alan turning off short after a lengthy tough Saturday ride or maybe he was aware of what was in store!!

It would be interesting to know how much climbing was encountered but it certainly seemed a lot to me!

I think it would be fair to say that we were all ready for a stop by the time we reached the visitor's centre on the main Tenbury Road: it was around Midday and to press on to Bromyard would have been rather adventurous!

A most pleasant stop was enjoyed with very light (yes just two slices of toast) refreshment in the glorious sunshine & company of local feathered wildlife!

We returned via Bliss Gate, Heightington, Astley & Stourport before despite the best of good intentions I succumbed to the lure of the Bathams @ the Swan in Chaddesley Corbett.

All in all a great incident-free run on the first dry Sunday that I can remember, I trust the others enjoyed it as well?

Apologies to John C.for not getting there to join up with him & Tim for not reaching his suggested destination, once again!!!   

Archived