C run 12th July

TonyS

The C run will be a mystery run, during which we shall partake of a cream tea and donate freely to a Nepalese school trust in support of the recent earthquake damage.

I shall be at Rednal 09.15, going via Tardebigge for others to join in around 09.40-45 . Route will then be a mystery (I'm still working it out).

Please don't forget your donation money ☺

Well what a great run. Both B and C runs combined at Tardebigge, Sean took the register and will no doubt post it up later.

We went to Dormston village hall via roundabout route for a cream tea in aid of www.manisha-uk.org/ and Nepal earthquake appeal. Steve Tonry from Solihull CC and Rotary Club is involved. Fortunately it only rained heavily whilst we were in the hall, just got a bit damp on way back.

Many thanks to Steve for the invite, and all the ladies for the baking and other preparations. All in aid of a very worthy cause.

This just received from Steve :

Glad you enjoyed the day, despite the rubbish weather, it seems that you got off lightly compared to some, who turned up like drowned rats! We mopped the floor to clear the flood and left all the seats out to dry, as we all got wet bums after the soggy cyclists had left! We also had a fair few locals arrive pm, although I suspect numbers were reduced, by the intervention of Messrs Federer and Djokovic

It was all very worthwhile though, as I reckon with Gift Aid (claimable as payment was by donation), we raised c£950, although still tbc. A phenomenal result. Please thank everyone for supporting us and helping the kids and communities in Nepal, affected by the earthquakes. The funds raised today will make a massive difference, of course.

In absence of Sean's register (he's probably still developing the photographs) here is my list of attendees from yesterday

Mandy & Dave

Bev & Kev

Chris & AlanP

Ken (yes, good to have him back)

ChrisK

Tim

Barry

Lee (yes, Lee, having a rest day)

Tony

plus special guest Tim Crumpton (who missed the stop and probably got drenched)

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Archived