Midland Womens TT Series - Round 3.

Tomorrow, Sat 23rd May on the K48/10 at Rugeley will see Laura Lane competing in the third round of the Midland Womens tt series for the Saracen RC.

Unfortunately we have no other members of the Womens Saracen tt team competing due to work and family commitments.

Laura has made steady progress this season and improved on her PB in the last round held on the K41/10 at Hinckley a couple of weeks ago in quite tough conditions.

Hannah Smith ( the pocket rocket ) as she has been nick named by a friend of mine in the Warwicks RC is not able to compete tomorrow but has set a new standard for Laura to beat  ' 27.21 ' just last weekend also in less than favourable conditions. ( on a fixed wheel as well ).

Hopefully Laura will take up the challenge.   I will be there on hand to assist Laura and cheer her on and will  give a full account of how she gets on tomorrow when I get back.

A total of 38 womens will be racing tomorrow.

Good luck Laura!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow (from 3:08pm onwards to be precise  :tongue: )!!!

I sincerely wish I could be there with you both and race the third event in the series (I'm very concious of my slipping down the results tables in the series!!!), but I'm really looking forward to racing with you again on the 13th June on the K33/10D - Event 4 of the Midlands Women's TT Series and I know I can claw back some points on more events held on Sundays!

I hope you have a good ride and I hope you set a great time.  :smile:

The 'pocket rocket'!!! What a fantastic nickname!!! I'll have to thank my new found friend for that one when I see her next!  :happy: And fixed wheel is certainly the setup of choice, at least for me! Worked an absolute charm!

Best of luck missus and I look forward to the full report tomorrow!

Good luck Laura

Great to have two such enthusiastic ladies on the racing team this season.

As for the nickname, well I guess we have to go the alliteration route, so how about

"Lightening Laura" or "light-speed Laura"?

Maybe as she likes a drink "Lager Lout Laura" ....Perhaps not :lol2 

Haha! Lager lout lane! Love it!

You make me laugh :D

Me and Mick have just done our warm up round the course and it's quite a hilly one!

He is making his way to the start line now, and I've got an hour to be nervous!!

At least it's not windy!

Thanks for your support x

I sure a number of you are waiting for the result to be put up for todays latest instalment of the battle

between the Pocket Rocket and and the Fast Lane. ( yes I like that nick name the best as well )

Well I have got to say seeing Laura in action this afternoon showed a lot of grit and determination which

was rewarded with yet another PB !!

I went and stood at the top of the climb to give her a good shout of encouragment which was greeted  

with a grunt and a grimiss whilst breathing through her ass.

Certainly not an easy day on what I would call a sporting course but to improve on her previous best of

28.36 was a great ride.

OK I know you want to know her time.   

With a certain amount of disapointment to herself she recorded a new PB of   28.15.

A cracking ride on a hard course and it will be very interesting when the girls meet head to head on the

13th of June for there next battle.

Ok Hannah you can relax now I sure you have been hipper all day ( nothing unusual there ) but it is

going to be  close  in the next one I'm sure.       And so the battle goes on, can't wait for the next

instalment.

Well Done Laura.

I would just like to add that I had some competition afterwards from Laura eating cakes, but she finally

cracked. I think the score was 8 cakes to me and 6 to Laura.

Apolgoies for the late post! I've been away from home the last two days with limited internet access! I have managed to catch up with Laura and Mick over the weekend (via text and in person respectively) but I wanted to reiterate my thoughts here too!

While breathing a temporary sigh of relief knowing that the Fast Lane hasn't beaten my PB (yet!!!), I am over the moon that she has beaten her own. Very proud of my team mate! Well done Lau - fab effort on what I hear is a ruddy tough course!

I would be lying if I said I wasn't sincerely looking forward to our next meet at the K33! I think both of being in the same event is going to have quite the impact on our times!!!!

Now Fast Lane... about racing some 25's....  :biggrin:  :wink:

Archived