Defford Run Tuesday 28th

DaveM

The weather was indeed better than you are having Sean. I have heard that the cold makes the whiskey taste better. Chilly wind but dry and sunny today to Defford. There was a gathering of the great and the good with some of the Midlands finest around the table. Ex Champions of Road, Track, TT, Distance and Cyclo Cross.  I thought about adding up the total years of experience and age present but I would never of got round to eating my toast and marmalade.

Good to see... Elaine Florence, Michele Thompson, Graham Knowles, Mike Florence, John Poole, Chris Poole, Brian Hayes, John Franks, Ken Haddon, Marcus Walker, Brian Lee, Pete Cooper, John Mullen, Alan Philpot, John Shelly, Garry Woodward, Tony Shardlow, Chris Pardoe, Tim Brueton, Mike McClure and Gordon Gogswell. Apologies to anyone I missed.

Many thanks to the staff of Revills for coping so well with the unannounced numbers. We were all served with the minimum of waiting.

http://www.revillsfarmshop.co.uk/

Great to see Graham in such good humour and thanks to John for bringing him. A message of thanks has been emailed to Darren apologising for the unannounced mass takeover, excess noise and trail of destruction left behind.

A special mention for Steve Tonry who hit a pothole on way to Defford. After going to hospital to be patched up, he visited a tailor to be fitted for a suit of rubber armour and then Specsavers for some pothole detectors.

Dave, I make the year count around 1400, even allowing for the 'youngsters' !

Archived