The Saracen Spring Audax Sunday 19th April - A big thank you

The weather was kind to us in this our inaugural Spring Audax.

We had universally positive feedback from the day’s riders with the club’s reputation further enhanced.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped to make this run as seamlessly and pleasantly as it did

So to that end; a big thank you to our three ladies Paula, Edwina and Hillary at the start/finish for keeping everything running smoothly and ensuring everyone was greeted with a warm and friendly smile.

Thank you to Brian and Ann Wilson for taking care of the Evesham control and ensuring it ran without a hitch.

Thank you to Dave Jones and Eddie and Mavis for taking care of the Charlecote control.

And as always a big thank you to Julie and her staff for staying open the extra seven hours to serve us all and make the day possible.

But perhaps most of all the riders who turned up and braved the course and made it the success it was, all of whom finished safely.

A big thank you to you Sean for once again organising a great event. A highly enjoyable day spent in great company on some great routes and roads.

A big thank you to Paula, Ed, Hillary, Brian, Ann, Dave, Eddie and Mavis for their support and help. Also a big thank you to Julie's, Raphael's and Charlecote Garden Centre for their hospitality and support! 

Honestly guys, it's so good of you all to make this event possible and I can't wait for the next one!!

If you haven't already read it, do check out that details the event from the POV of five regular Saracen 'A' riders, Kevin Young, Hazlewood Sr, Hazlewood Jr, '50 Shades' De Gray and of course 'Speedy' Kev himself. First to leave Julie's and first to return, these guys had an awesome audax averaging more than 19mph across 70 miles!

I had the good fortune and pleasure of teaming up with Saracen rider John Cartwright, who is always fab company, and Vlad, not a Saracen member (yet!) but a well known name and face following his ride on the August 2014 Saracen audax. We three got together and stuck together early on, riding to the control points, stopping for a quick bite to eat and then continuing on our way.

The three of us were the first riders to roll in after the first group of five riders, and I'm very pleased to be the first woman that got back! ;-) I know, I know, it's not a race....  :wink: .... but the competitive season has started!  :tongue:  And the Saracen spring audax was a great event to test one's legs!  :biggrin:

Finally, it was lovely to see so many familiar faces of the Saracen family and also so many new faces riding this event. Great times with great people. :)

A couple of comments received via email

Good event. First Audax for me. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Thank you

Ranald Forbes

10 of us rode the Audax together, several were first timers, and we had a wonderful day. We'd like to thank everyone involved in organising the day, especially the helpful and very personable team at the check in desk and also the well organised start and finish. Julie's Cafe was a superb venue, we were well looked after and enjoyed the route and the controls. Really good day, much appreciated.

Best wishes

Nigel Rees

I can only echo what has already been said, a very good event with very good service at all the controls.  So well done to all those that made it happen.  Just waiting for Hannah to provide a review on the comfy chairs at Charlecote and the ride report is complete.  :tongue:

Archived