A & B Runs Sun 29th March

Hannah

I know it's early chaps and chapettes, but the A's are thinking of doing another 'slower than usual' kind of ride this week, as Owen, Mick and Lee are all off to sunny Spain on Monday and will obviously be getting in plenty of fast miles while they are there (lucky for some hey?)

So, we (Speedy, Hazlewood Jr and myself) were thinking it would be nice if we met up at the same cafe as the B's, but we'll make our own way there to get in some extra miles.

Have the B's got any thoughts on a destination for Sunday?

It would be good to know so that we can plot a course :)

Also, if anyone fancies joining us, as I say, the pace won't be as quick as usual - still fast of course, but not the usual uber fast pace! No one will be left behind and all are welcome :) Martin H from Speeds plans on joining the A's on Sunday. 

It would be good to meet at the same place. I would go with the A's and head back with the B's if we did do that. I hope I'm out Sunday. I'm in a little bit of a dilemma as I've been invited out but it's quite far away. It would mean a lot of driving. I think I'll keep an eye on the weather mainly. If it's really nice I'll deffo be out :)

Weather is (at this current moment in time) looking fairly good for Sunday Laura (according to the MET office!)

9 degrees Celsius from 7am onwards - but it is going to be overcast in the morning and strong winds blowing from the west all ruddy day!

Evesham sounds good Sean, you name the cafe and we'll start devising a route there! :)

Quick update on the A's....

Mick is signed up for a race in Wales tomorrow. 50 Shades is having an easy ride with St Johns ahead of his trip to Majorca. Speedy Kev is concerned about losing an hour's sleep and then riding in the rain, and O's also reluctant to get soggy in case it has a negative impact while he's out in Majorca. 

All in all, A run is not looking like a go-er... so assume, for now, that those mentioned and myself will not be at the Forest. If between now and the morn the weather forecast improves I'll pop up with another update on here, but I think it's unlikely we will be riding. Laura has just got in touch with me and mentioned she'll be riding with the B's, providing you're still up for it Sean? :-)

I haven't been out for a while!

Starting to feel better.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the meet times, places, destinations and predicted return times.

Please could you put meet time & place on. If I have destination I can workout anticipated return time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well like a complete idiot I forgot it was 9:15 and got there for 9:30 (even more stupid because I told Kay it was 9:15 this morning :lol2 )

Anyway fortunately I caught Laura and we battled through a strong headwind to Evesham where we were joined by Dave.

We had the wind pushing us home for the most part but were battered by some heavy showers on the way.

Today's hardy souls

Sean Barker

Laura Lane

Dave Mitchell  

I didn't notice the wind pushing us back...!

Guys....Sean lied to me all morning.

"Just one more hill..."

"The rain will stop on the way back..."

"The wind will push us home..."

"It's downhill from here..."

Lies.

The wind was horrible, but the company was ace. Glad I made the effort! Lots of cyclists at the cafe as well :)

Archived