Dave Mitchell

Paul Haynes

Ken Haddon

Brian Bourne

Some photos

30112s5.jpg

mshk75.jpg

2mhifl0.jpg

Paul H and I joined the ‘B’s at Flying Horse Lane and we had an orderly ‘club run’ pace to Pershore.  Our group of ten were impressively dealt with by the staff and we sat down what turned out to be a long and comfortable break.  I don’t know what came over me, but on leaving I elected to ride with the ‘A’s for the return leg. Why did I not take heed of the warning shouts from the ‘B’s as we departed?  After about three miles I found out that this was not the ‘A’ pace I used to know and I was left for dead. Things have moved up a gear!  Well done guys, you can set an impressive rate of travel. I will be coming in amongst you next year looking for volunteers as Time Trialists.

Paul dropped back to accompany me, not out of the club spirit of camaraderie, but the fact that he is lost anywhere a mile out of Tibberton! We picked up the trail and had a good ride back with the wind pushing us.

Great club day.

I don’t know what came over me, but on leaving I elected to ride with the ‘A’s for the return leg. Why did I not take heed of the warning shouts from the ‘B’s as we departed?  After about three miles I found out that this was not the ‘A’ pace I used to know and I was left for dead.

As we were leaving the cafe I did think for a few seconds about joining the A's for the return journey - so glad I didn't, trying to follow Andy up the barnt green hill on the way back hill was enough for me.

Really enjoyed the ride today, the cafe was very good.

Archived